- We repeat: It's just a normal kotatsu!
- Rinne's face in episode 6 when he sees Tsubasa use a 30,000 yen sushi box against the bakeneko is absolutely priceless.
- Rinne telling the demon guards in episode 8 that he doesn't know who forged the fake money. He then tells them his "friend" Masato will gladly pay for the damage he caused earlier. When the guards offer to drop the charges if he reveals the forger, Masato immediately changes his tune and agrees to pay for the damages, since he didn't want to be revealed as the forger.
- Rinne's father attempting repeatedly to get Rinne's fingerprints in episode 11. He sprays his son with red ink, the throws a bunch of documents to get his fingerprint on one of them. He even tries to get his female employees to do this as well, and later tries to act friendly with a handshake. While wearing a rubber glove to get Rinne's fingerprint.
- Chapter 166 of the manga introduces us to Ayame Sakaki, a new addition to the story's Love Dodecahedron. She has just been reunited with her crush, an old acquaintance and colleague, who unfortunately for her has an open unrequited crush on the female deuteragonist. Fans of Inuyasha, Takahashi's previous work, will recognize that her first name is the same as the character with the same role in the Inuyasha animé. Even more ironically, this Ayame is a Shinto priestess, while the same was true of the original Ayame's rival. However, since the original Ayame was an animé filler character (albeit a more prominent one than most) this is less a case of an Expy and more of a meta Shout-Out.
- In episode 12, Ageha shows up, and asks Rinne for help in defeating the president of the Damashigami Company. She then tells him that she hates that guy so much, she's going to beat the crap out of that guy's family as well, not realizing that Rinne is the president's son. After Rokumon asks Rinne if he heard what she just said, he gives this snarky reply:
Rinne: "But I need my crap."
- Later, the "Rashomon"-Style recollection of Ageha, Sakura, and Rokumon recalling when Ageha held Rinne's hand. Each of them have wildly different accounts of what happened, such as Rokumon remembering Sakura and Ageha entering an intense staring contest with each other, in an Imaginary Love Triangle. The narrator emphasizes during each one that this is not what happened.
- In episode 13, Ageha thinking Rinne is in cahoots with his dad, the president of the Damashigami company, who also caused her sister to betray her cause. She attempts to strike, but all three of them casually walk away from the spot they were just at, rather than jumping away as one would expect.
- Ageha brings up the handholding incident again. Like Sakura, she incorrectly recalls it as Rinne holding her hands, prompting Sakura to glare at him.
- Sakura then glares at him again after seeing Ageha hugging him from behind after he saves her from a damashigami.