It would be almost impossible to list all of the funny moments in this film:
- MacNamara and Otto's first meeting.
Otto: I spit on your money. I spit on Fort Knox. I spit on Wall Street.
MacNamara: Unsanitary little jerk, isn't he?
- And let's not forget the finale...
Otto: We will take over West Berlin. We will take over Western Europe. We will bury you!
MacNamara: Do me a favor. Bury us but don't marry us.
- The chase seen, when the Russian trade delegation guys are after Mac and the gang. Then their car keeps falling apart piece by piece.
- When poor Schlemmer has returned from East Berlin still wearing Ingeborg's dress.
Schlemmer: I'm sorry I didn't shave this morning, I had difficulty getting out of the girdle.
- When Otto is about to have a another break-down, and Scarlet is the practical one.
Otto: I will not have my son grow up to be a capitalist!
Scarlet: When he's 18 he can decide for himself, whether he wants to be a capitalist or a rich communist.
- When Otto bursts into Mac's office wearing boxers, shirt, tie and a morning coat and tells Mac about his "big plans".
Otto: You know, I think I'm going to like this job!
MacNamara: It's about time you started cooperating.
Otto: You know what the first thing is I'm going to do? I'm going to lead the workers down there in revolt!
MacNamara: Put your pants on, Spartacus!
- When Otto's about to have a complete mental break-down, and Peripetchikoff is no help at all.
Otto: Is everybody in this world corrupt?!
Peripetchikoff: I don't know everybody.
- MacNamara tries putting things into perspective, that doesn't help Otto feel any better.
- This exchange:
MacNamara: You've defected?
Peripetchikoff: Is old Russian proverb; Go west, young man.