Trivia: One, Two, Three
- Actor Allusion:
- Cast Incest: The guard at the Brandenburg Gate who is handed a six-pack of Coca-Cola when MacNamara, Fräulein Ingeborg and Schlemmer drive to East Berlin, is played by Helmut Schmid, Lilo Pulver's husband.
- Fake Nationality: Apart from the German-speaking actors playing the Russians, Lilo Pulver, the actress playing Ingeborg, is actually Swiss.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Borodenko is played by Sam Hawkens.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Count von Droste-Schattenburg was dubbed into English by Sig Rumann. In the German version James Cagney is dubbed by Werner Lieven, who was the voice of Sig Rumann in his role as Gruppenführer Erhardt in the German dub of To Be or Not to Be.
- Too Soon: Especially the Germans weren't very fond of Billy Wilder making fun of the Wall. The movie was Vindicated by History though - later, in 1985.