YMMV: One, Two, Three
- Adaptation Displacement: The movie is based on the Hungarian play Egy, kettő, három by Ferenc Molnár.
- Ear Worm: The "Sabre Dance" from the ballet Gajaneh by Aram Chatschaturjan.
- Harsher in Hindsight: "It's what makes our system work...everybody owes everybody." This line is a lot less funny after the Sub-Prime Lending Crisis.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: "Tell him we must look beyond the six-pack. Why not a nine-pack, or a twelve-pack?"
- Superlative Dubbing: The German-speaking actors also did the German dubs of their own parts. The only dubbed voice in the English version is that of Graf von Droste-Schattenburg, who was dubbed by Sig Rumann with a much deeper and more gravelly voice than that of the actor, Hubert von Meyerinck (who uses his own voice in the German dub).