- Danny Glover is a bank robber. Gibson and Glover even appear to almost recognize each other! This is a reference to the Lethal Weapon movies. The best line come as Glover departs
Robber: I'm too old for this shit!
- The Aren't You Going to Ravish Me? moment:
Maverick: Now, it's time for you to do a little something that I want.
Annabelle: How dare you! I am a lady. Not in a million years! Not if you were a hundred years old, not if I was a hundred years old—
Maverick: Shut up! I don't want to go to bed with you, lady.
Annabelle: Why not?
- This exchange:
Annabelle: Coop faced nine men, dead sober.
Maverick: Coop's always dead sober!
- Basically everything about Joseph, beginning with his first appearance: Maverick seizes the chance to instruct Joseph in his own language and convince the others with him that they've "trespassed on sacred ground" and the only way to placate the tribe is to leave him behind with them to undergo a traditional "test of bravery" in which they will cut off one of his hands. Joseph has no trouble hamming up the part, while at the same time asking if Maverick is there for the money Joseph owes him and if the pretty woman with him is available.
- Later, a Brick Joke when Maverick meets up with Annabelle, he hides his hand in his sleeve, making it look like he lost it, and she believed him.
- The ending, in which- despite their weapons supposedly being confiscated- everyone on the boat has a concealed gun, which they draw at the first sign of trouble.
Commodore Duvall: Coop, your security isn't worth a damn! Everybody's got a gun!