Funny: Mars Attacks!
- The First Daughter's deadpan line after the Martians wipe out Congress in their second slaughter on our planet's soil:
First Daughter: Guess it wasn't the dove.
- "They blew up Congress!"
- "Do the Martians have two sexes, like we do?" Asked by a reporter of Ambiguous Gender.
- "Don't Run, we are your friends."
- "I want the people to know that they still have two out of three branches of the government working for them and that ain't bad."
- "We have to strike NOW, sir! Annihilate! Kill! Kill!" "Shut up! SHUT UP!"
- "Whoa! He just made the international sign of the donut!"
- "Ello, Maurice. Ça va?"
- (listening to the Martians massacre the French government) "Mon dieu..."
- The scene where it looks like Godzilla is attacking a major city. Turns out the Martians are just watching a Godzilla film on their viewing screen. Then they changed the channel to The Dukes of Hazzard.
- The DVD has an optional language track...in Martian.
- The Martian Emperor speaking in a high-pitched voice after inhaling the absorbed nuclear blast.
- It's a blink and you'll miss it moment, but when Byron challenges the Martian Ambassador to a fight, the latter removes his cloak and reveals what looks like a championship belt. Just imagining the oddly proportioned Martians boxing frequently is just.. Really odd.
- One of the darkest jokes in the movie, the little dog running off with Michael J. Fox's hand, all that's left of him after being vaporized, like it was a bone.
- In the very last scene, within the destroyed ruins of the house, one woman is nonchalantly dusting.
- As the saucers start falling from their occupants dying, the annoying, yapping chihuahua, now having its head on its owner's body, takes the chance to strangle a random martian in the UFO, while still endlessly yapping.
- The dodgy translation computer (the aforementioned "Don't run; we are your friends" notwithstanding):
All green of skin, 800 centuries ago, their bodily fluids include the birth of half-breeds.… For the fundamental truth self-determination of the cosmos, for dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.