- Bumcivilian. The funniest word ever made up.
- Imhotep is invisible.
- The egg experiment.
- "Make sure you look out for the release of the new albumen. It's out now!"
- The following Incredibly Lame Pun from the iron episode - (paraphrased) "The iron pyramid is connected to an alternating current from the mains as well as a direct current from a battery. We're using AC/DC because it's heavy metal."
- An enormous pair of scissors has appeared.
- Thanks Tchaikovsky. Thaikovsky.
- "Probably about ..5.05 Mg" (read point-point five point oh five microgallons)
- The "Little Mouse" song.
- The Post Office Tower spent six consecutive weeks at UK No. 1 due to a mix-up.
- The Incredibly Scary Picture from series 2. Great effort is taken to point out before it's first appearance how scary it is, with a stock "those of a nervous disposition look away now" only for the incredibly tame picture (A bear and a skeleton) to appear late. The image continues to appear at random throughout the rest of the episode.
- "Man has been using iron since the stone age."
- The lab exterior in Series 1 looks like a giant ping-pong ball in the middle of a field. Because it is a ping-pong ball photoshopped into footage of a field.
- "Thanks ants. Thants."
- "But remember: Whether you're at home, in school, or just out and about: whatever you do, never give a gypsy calcium."
- "[...] the British mission to destroy Mars." Complete with computer graphic of an orbiter launching a missile at it.
- Bless you, ants.
- "Man would be unable to process foods."
Zooms in on gravestone
"And would starve."
- "The equipment is now dismantled"
"And then destroyed"
Shoots equipment with gun