- The scene where a drunken, triumphant Pancks literally leapfrogs over his colleague after discovering the Dorrits' inheritance.
- Near the end, when Amy and Arthur have their Big Damn Kiss, Daniel Doyce drags Cavaletto out of the room, but Cavaletto keeps looking back over his shoulder.
- A bit of Black Comedy: soon after arriving in London Rigaud murders and robs Ephraim Flitwinch. Then he meets Ephraim's identical twin Jeremiah, and can't believe his eyes. It's the only time in the series that Rigaud looks shaken.
- Fanny does not approve of Mrs. General making Fanny and Amy look at paintings.
Fanny: I think that if I see another painting I might very well have to scream, Mrs. General!Mrs. General: I'm quite sure you'd do nothing so unladylike.Fanny: Don't count on it.
- Mrs. Meagles says that Henry Gowan isn't a scoundrel, he's a gentleman.
Mr. Meagles: Same thing, often enough.