Phedre's TrilogyKushiel's Dart
- After Joscelin was teased and dissheveled by Egalatine performers his honor code wouldn't let him defend himself from, and he brings Phedre home to a Delaunay angry that she left without informing him. "Before I closed the door behind me, I gained some measure of reparation in hearing Delaunay say to Joscelin, in quite a different tone, 'What in the seven hells happened to you, lad?'"
Imriel's TrilogyKushiel's Scion Kushiel's Justice
- It may be a tale built on love, the denial of love, tragedy, and revenge, but some funny moments do crop up in Kushiel's Justice, mostly due to Imriel's phrasing. To whit:
- "Thus it was that my first real act as a Prince of Alba, a role I'd agreed to play for the purpose of fostering peace and prosperity, was to stage a cattle-raid on my nearest neighbour."
- (Coming on the heels of a relieved reunion after Imriel has been tramping through snowy forest, starving and alone, for weeks on end): "I have his head in a bag."
- Berlik, everyone agreed, must look immensely silly in his muslin cap.