- AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!, and Wasp adds, "And Justice League, uh—Lambaste!"◊ The JLA never did get themselves a battlecry. But it sounds like something The Flash would say. There were some proposals in the Justice League International. The Martian Manhunter rejected them.
- When they first arrive in the DC universe, the Avengers are surprised by the overt friendliness and respect from the curious civilians. That is, all save Hawkeye. Who by the way is more than happy to give out autographs.
- Hawkeye gets another one when the Avengers meet Metron, like the Justice League. The Avengers react to the display of the artifacts with shock and concern, save Hawkeye.
Hawkeye (looking bored) Yeah, yeah...
- He wasn't bored. He was embarrassed - that artifact (the Ultimate Nullifier) had already been lost to the JLA.
- And then there's Hawkeye, at the end of the first issue: "They're nothin' but a bunch of Squadron Supreme wanna-bes! Five gets you ten they're mind-controlled!"
- Hawkeye learning quickly The Flash is not The Whizzer.
- A little Foreshadowing there - while all of the heroes are deadly serious, these two are having fun. (This would become a plot point in Issue #4.)
- "HEL-LO! WERE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO YOURSELF?! 'Stick to the plan,' he says. 'Observe and move on,' he says. But does he follow the plan? Or does he spend twenty minutes beating up some LOON in Kevlar to save some drug dealers?!" (Shown above.)
- In the background of one splash page we see Batman doing a flying kick straight through Vision. The look on his face is priceless◊.
- From the same page: The expresssion on Plastic Man's face while Quicksilver ties his body into knots.
- Both funny and awesome; in issue 4, Wonder Woman decides to fall back while the assembled heroes moved forward, to take on any threats from behind. Just as she prepares to battle Surtur, She-Hulk and Hippolyta offer to help her.
She-Hulk: Hey, Star-shorts! Figured you'd be bored here by yourself so I thought I'd hang with you. We can talk girl-talk. Y'know, kicking butt, taking names, like that.
- It also counts as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, as Hippolyta (from her Wonder Woman stage) also asks to join her. Keep in mind, she was dead at the time.
- Firestorm looks a bit disturbed with Uatu looking right into the Watchtower.
Firestorm: I need to go to the bathroom. But what if he sees through the walls...
- Vision and Aquaman meet in a snowy Metropolis as time and space collapse around them. Neither of them quite knows what is going on, and Aquaman attacks the Vision in frustration. Vision's response:
Vision: But perhaps, since we do not know our circumstances, we should refrain from killing one another until we know more.
Aquaman: ...point taken.
- Ben Grimm's brief visit to the Batcave. "Yer idea a' small change, huh?" (Referring to the giant "Bad Penny" trophy.)
- Martian Manhunter's inability to read the minds of the Marvel Universe's denizens in one issue is a constant Running Gag. Even he admitted it was getting on his nerves.
- Quicksilver's growing envy that his speedster counterpart The Flash has his own museum.
- Hawkeye and Green Arrow's rivalry through out the story is hilarious to watch.
- Once Iron Man and Hawkeye steal Kyle's Lantern battery, they teleport away before Flash can stop them. Leaving poor Flash alone and empty-handed.
Flash: Oh man, Kyle is gonna kill me...
- Wonder Woman angrily punching out and mopping the floor with poor Hercules, referring to him as the "despoiler of Hippolyta". Though poor Herc, often oblivious and never the most tactful, really doesn't help his case much.
Wonder Woman: You are Hercules, despoiler of Hippolyta?
Wonder Woman: (punches him hard in the jaw)