- Any time they dance. Fans (and non-fans) are very thankful they are a band.
- On one music show they promised to do girl group dances in their encore if they won. They did... and they proceeded to dance to Secret's Madonna. Made funnier that the song they won with isn't cheerful in the least. Also funny that Jaejin did his own thing and danced to Lucifer instead aka a boy group dance.
- Jaejin and Seunghyun dancing to 2PM's Heartbeat. Bad out-of-sync dancing galore sprinkled with Jaejin hitting Seunghyun whenever he did the wrong move.
- Jonghun and Seunghyun dancing to Brown Eyed Girls' Abracadabra on a show.
- Any time Seunghyun dances to Ring Ding Dong. Especially on Maknae Rebellion... in front of Shinee members.
- Any time he danced on Maknae Rebellion period.
- May we present to you FT Island's hoobaes, SF Heroes! Known for their absolutely in-sync and impressive choreography to their songs "I Want" and "Wing and their beautiful tracksuit outfits! Best kpop boy dance group ever!
- Seunghyun's punishment once was to dance to Crayon Pop's Bar Bar Bar. The kicker is the "jumping jumping" part.
- Hongki also dancing to Crayon Pop's Lonely Christmas dance. And then getting other members to dance it.
- Whenever Hongki and Jaejin are fighting - even back in 2008, when they were randomly slapping each other in a Japanese introduction video. The icing on the cake is Minhwan happily nodding, Wonbin looking down in embarrassment and Jonghun remaining stoic which basically all screams, "Yeah they do this all the time, no biggie."
- A skit starring Princess Minhwan/Chunhyang, bad guy Hongki and Prince Jonghun.
Minhwan: When are you going to return the 100 million won—Jonghun: Sorry. *walks off*Minhwan: HUBBY.
- "Just then, a man dancing to Rainism comes towards Chunhyang!"
- Minhwan has been wanting to see her Prince and he finally comes to save her, resulting in a happy ending. Until:
- The story of Hongki catching Seunghyun wearing the former's underwear not long after he joined the band. Though it was apparently normal for Seunghyun to share underwear with his younger brother when they lived together, Hongki still scolded him and told him to take it off. It prompted Seunghyun to go into a rant about his pride... but he took the underwear off anyways.
- On Idol Maknae Rebellion SHINee's Key called Jaejin and asked what he was doing. Jaejin's reply? "Just being a lazy ass~".
Key: Jaejin, this is being filmed right now!Jaejin: W-what did you saying you're doing? What did you say?Key: We're filming. We're filming Idol Maknae Rebellion.Jaejin: Ya, call me again! No way...
Jonghyun: smug look and peace signJonghyun: That's right Jaejin. I like you too.
- He then asked if he prefers him or Seunghyun. Jaejin chose... Jonghyun!
- Actress Seungsoon, aka Seunghyun dressed in drag for a Makbanshi crossdressing competition. She gets called the next Lady Gaga/Lee Hyori, showcases her dancing skills despite being an actress and flaunting all her assets to the point of making everyone uncomfortable.
Seungsoon seductively posing for Photo TimeT-Max's Yunhwa: (also crossdressed as a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing) I think I'm going to throw up!
- The Good Morning Bob videos just have to be seen to be believed - they include (but not limited to) Seunghyun playing with his cutlery to the tune of Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours", him telling the phone to calm down, and him acting out a melodrama with an Angry Bird and teddy bear - all in Engrish.
- Once in their Japan tour in 2010, when performing "Wing", Jaejin sang one of his parts... and stopped-midway to scream because a cicada landed on his arm.
- This Campaign song is full of these. Highlights include Seunghyun getting beaten up for trying to evade and everyone wiping the sweat off of Minhwan (and the drums) while he's still drumming.
- In one episode of "Oh My School" (which Hongki and Jonghun was on) Heechul came as "someone's" friend and everyone was eager to know which friend. Heechul then described his friend to be "a little bit ugly", "not very nice and very different in real life from tv" and "having his personal life all over the internet". He soon approached Hongki (who was desperately avoiding eye-contact) saying, "Hello friend." Cue Hongki's exasperated expression and groan.
- Minhwan making the Super Mario jumping sound... with his nose.
- He demonstrated this again on a Starking episode, and a member of Australian acappella group Suade, who guested on the show, jokingly jumped Mario-style every time Minhwan made the sound.
- All the times they've appeared on Weekly Idol.
- When "performing" Severely for the MCs(they just mimed playing instruments with the show editing in CGI instruments for airing), Jaejin was so into it that he accidentally hit his forehead with his necklace.
- To test Jonghun's narcissist side, the MCs lined the other members up against Jonghun and told him to reject any member he found to be less attractive than himself. He rejected them all - and, except for Minhwan, it only took him milliseconds and one word (or no words in Jaejin's case) to do it.
- Jaejin, Jonghun and Seunghyun (and their fans too) finally had a taste of the newer segment "Random Play Dance" in the special episode. Their take on it? Going absolutely crazy - jumping around, smashing their CGI instruments and strumming their guitars really fast while doing the splits (all to the tunes of their ballads "Love Love Love" and "Madly").
- The members' beautiful harmonization of the "Severely" chorus.
- FT Island learning English phrases on a Japanese show. It goes as well as expected.
Jonghun attempts to flirt with Beni.Seunghyun: Excuse me, my father... *grabs Jonghun and takes him away* He's sick.
- Hongki's interaction with JJANG host Jake back when Hongki used to MC the Korean music show M-Countdown.
- The "Ask Hongki" segments, especially is this exchange:
Jake: Boxes or briefs?Hongki: Tighteu... box panty.Hongki and Jake: (throw their arms in the air) YAAAAAAAY!
- Hongki briefly interrupting Jake's interview with soloist Ailee. They invited him to come down but he simply replied, "I don't speakeu Engulish," and ran away. Then Jake asked Ailee if he's her friend, and she replied, "Oh yeah he's a friend of mine, he's... he's magic.
- The "Ask Hongki" segments, especially is this exchange:
- In a Japanese live event, "I Hope" was performed and Hongki as usual was singing with the audience in their acapella routine. The other members, however, purposely didn't come in at their cue (and signaled to the audience earlier to keep quiet about it), thus Hongki excitedly jumped... to no music. Everyone (but Hongki) found it hilarious.
- Seunghyun teaming up with labelmate and comedian Song Eunyi to form Song Two Place and release single Age-Height. The MV parodies a lot of recent popular kpop songs and does so fantastically.
- Hongki once retweeted a fanedit of his face on Kim Yuna's body while ice-skating. The stark contrast of Hongki's facial expression on the skater's graceful body was... interesting.
- Most of the members' talk videos for their 7th anniversary seem sweet and touching... until one realizes they're actually parodying My Love From Another Star. Even if fans don't know the drama, at least there's Seunghyun not even doing a speech and dancing instead.
- Hongki getting the whole crew to wear his Skullhong shirts at a Dracula musical rehearsal. Sure enough, at least one IG video is of everyone rehearsing and relaxing while all wearing the exact same shirt.
- Hongki's IG video of Jaejin being... Jaejin. Also hilarious is that according to the caption, the bird background noise is actually Seunghyun's doing.
- Seunghyun uploaded some videos of his and Minhwan's "special" MV version of "Mitaiken no Future" - and they're basically clips of the two miming the lyrics and posing in a very exaggerate manner.
- For a Japanese concert on Halloween everyone dressed up, and Minhwan was Sailor Moon. At one point Hongki copped a feel of his fake breasts, and when prompted by Jonghun he said he was a A or B-cup. Minhwan then answered in a girl's voice, "It's B yo~".
- Hongki dressing up as a nurse for Halloween for a Japanese concert is either very attractive or very terrifying.
Funny / FT Island
If they're not saying something stupid then they are probably doing something stupid themselves. They were hilarious back at debut, and are even moreso since then as they abandoning their idol image. They are notorious for having a no-filter mouth and doing embarrassing things to no end.