Funny: Charlie Wilson's War
- Charlie has to juggle a meeting with Gust alongside his secretaries updating him about some prosecutor named Rudy Giuliani going after him for his... 'extracurricular' activities. Trying to hide the possible scandal from Gust is fruitless because Gust bugged the bottle of Scotch he just gave the congressman.
- Charlie and Gust travel to Israel to see about securing Soviet made weapons — to avoid any direct connection to American armaments — but that means getting them from Arab nations. So...
Zvi: Now, just to sum this up in a nutshell; You want me to steer Israel towards an arms deal with Egypt, Pakistan, and Afghanistan?
Charlie: And Saudi Arabia.
Zvi: Well, just a couple of problems I can foresee off the top of my head.
Charlie: I know.
Zvi: Pakistan and Afghanistan don't recognize our right to exist!
Charlie: Calm down.
Zvi: We just got done fighting a war against Egypt, and everyone who has ever tried to kill me or my family has been trained in Saudi Arabia!
Gust: That's not entirely true, Zvi. I mean, some of them were trained by us.
- Hell, pretty much every time Gust speaks is a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Every moment of the confrontation with his superior.
Craverly: I'm not, I'm not I'm not even gonna dignify that with a response...
Gust: Yeah, you are dignifying her in the ass...
Gust: Yeah, well I'd like to take a moment to review the several ways in which you are a douchebag
(Craverly loses it, Gust storms out and breaks his window, again)
- The belly dance.
"That's not any belly dance I'm familiar with."
- Also counts as Lampshade Hanging, as real Egyptian belly dancing is nothing like that.
- "I cannot just call up a judge and tell him what to do." "Why?" "Well, 'cause it's against a shitload of really good laws, Gary."
- In the book, a retired colonel proudly shows off his newly-developed 30mm anti-material rifle, has an accidental discharge and blows up a Texaco gas station.
- Early on in the movie, Charlie has this to say after a harsh meeting with the Pakistani leader:
"You know you've reached rock bottom when you're told you have character flaws by a man who hanged his predecessor in a military coup."
- Gust putting a curse on his superior at the CIA.