Funny: Blake's 7
- Avon's vicious snark is always funny.
Vila: When you get Zen [the computer] working, ask him to prescribe something for a headache, will you? I've got this shocking pain right behind the eyes.Avon: Have you considered amputation?
Blake: Does it support any intelligent life?Avon: Does the Liberator?
- Not to mention:
Jenna: I thought they [alien plants] died if they left the planet?Cally: No. You have to talk to them.Avon: That's like talking to Vila. A complete waste of time.Avon: How long a list would you like?Gan: Can't find Orac [a computer]. Even tried calling his name.Avon: Oh, I'm sorry I missed that. That's the kind of natural stupidity no amount of training could ever hope to match.Avon: This happens to be the most sophisticated lifeform that it has ever been my good fortune to come across. Present company not excepted.Tarrant: Life? But it looks like...Avon: A rock. Yes. Well, when you live on the permanent dark side of a planet, nobody cares too much what you look like.Largo: [...] I could make you an offer.Avon: They have a sentimental value for me.Largo: Oh, family heirlooms, eh?Avon: No, I'm just sentimental about money.
- Vila is also the source of many a Funny Moment.
Avon: I told you. He's a friend of mine.Vila: Yes, I always knew you had a friend. I used to say to people: "I bet Avon's got a friend, somewhere in the galaxy."Avon: And you were right. That must be a novel experience for you.Cally: He fears death?Vila: I plan to live forever! Or die trying.
- WHERE IS ORAC?
- Cally and Jenna creating a distraction in a spaceport bar by staging a Cat Fight. Funnier because those two characters usually stay out of the power-jockeying aboard the ship.
- In the same episode Vila and Avon, just back from busting the Freedom City casino, are still wearing their guns and teleport bracelets when Blake & co. come up to the ship, so their nonchalant act is hilariously unconvincing.
- Servalan's pleased little smirk at the end of "Weapon" after hearing Carnell's taped farewell: "You are by far the sexiest Supreme Commander it has ever been my pleasure to work with."
- Meegat, the na´ve young woman from "Deliverance" who becomes convinced Avon is a god and keeps prostrating herself at his feet. Avon, Vila and Gan's expressions as she zips up and down are priceless.
Gan: Well, she seems to be on our side.
Vila: Yes, but the poor woman's insane.
Avon: Not necessarily.
- Avon is poking a "rock" with a technical implement in the foreground, as the others are busy with tactical Technobabble. It gives off a small explosion and they all turn to him.
The audio dramas
- Vila's last request in "Drones".
"Cally, I owe Avon... at least 1000 credits. Tell him... (long pause) tough."