Film: Unmasked Part 25
Unmasked Part 25 (a.k.a. The Hand of Death and Jackson's Back) is a 1989 horror comedy.Jackson is a typical Slasher Movie killer; he's a man with a deformed face hidden by a hockey mask, and who brutally murders young people. His career is also chronicled by The Hand of Death film series. One day, his world turns around when he falls in love with a blind girl named Shelly, and starts questioning his way of life.
- The Alcoholic: Jackson's father spends his time drinking and reminiscing about old times.
- Big "NO!": Learning that the 26th installment of The Hand of Death franchise has been released, Jackson falls to his knees and starts screaming "NO!", as the film franchise is linked to his existence.
- Broken Heel: As Jackson confronts a victim in the woods, he lampshades this trope by telling her that this is going to happen, and it does.Jackson: There's no sense in you trying to run for it, really. You'll get ten feet, and run into a branch, or stumble over a root.(The girl runs, and stumbles)Jackson: See, I told you!
- Covert Pervert: Shelly is a nice girl; just a one with a sizeable collection of sex toys.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: The first on-screen death. Yeesh. Two words: closed casket. A few minutes later a woman offers Jackson a sexual favor if he'll let her live. He responds by grabbing a tall lamb, breaking the bulb and shoving it down her throat.
- Downer Ending: Jackson cannot fight his murderous desires, and after killing her friends, he strangles Shelly in order to save her from his hell of a life.
- Freudian Excuse: Jackson's terrible childhood is what turned him into the killer he is now.
- Hidden Depths: Jackson loves poetry, especially the works of Lord Byron.
- I Love the Dead: Jackson's first time was with a camp counselor, or rather, her corpse.
- Indecisive Parody: The film is at the same time a satire of the unending sagas of slasher film icons, a Shallow Parody of the Friday the 13th series and a legitimate slasher film with gruesome murders, with a hint of The Toxic Avenger added in.
- Like Father, Like Son: Jackson inherited his murderous traits from his father.
- My Greatest Failure: Jackson's father believes that he could have been the greatest killer ever, if he only had the heart to kill his wife and son.
- Sequel Snark: The title itself implies this trope and several snarky comments are made throughout regarding the probability of another sequel.
- Shovel Strike: Barry is killed with repeated shovel slams to the face.
- Tear Off Your Face: Jackson kills Pete by tearing off his face, and grabbing his heart, all with his bare hands. .
- Wild Child: Jackson disappeared after his "drowning", and was raised by wild animals.