Unmasked Part 25
(a.k.a. The Hand of Death
and Jackson's Back
) is a 1989 horror comedy.
Jackson is a typical Slasher Movie
killer; a man with a deformed face under a hockey mask and constant murder in his mind, whose misdeeds are being chronicled by The Hand of Death
film series. One day, his world turns around when he falls in love with a blind girl
named Shelly, and starts questioning his way of life.
- The Alcoholic: Jackson's father spends his time drinking and reminiscing about old times.
- Big "NO!": Learning that the 26th installment of The Hand of Death franchise has been released, Jackson falls to his knees and starts screaming "NO!"
- Broken Heel: As Jackson confronts a victim in the woods, he lampshades this trope by telling her that this is going to happen, and it does.
Jackson: There's no sense in you trying to run for it, really. You'll get ten feet, and run into a branch, or stumble over a root.
(The girl runs, and stumbles)
Jackson: See, I told you!
- Covert Pervert: Shelly is a nice girl; just a one with a sizeable collection of sex toys.
- Death by Sex
- Downer Ending: Jackson cannot fight his murderous desires, and after killing her friends, he strangles Shelly in order to save her from his hell of a life.
- Freudian Excuse: Jackson's terrible childhood is what turned him into the killer he is now.
- Hidden Depths: Jackson loves poetry, especially the works of Lord Byron.
- I Love the Dead: Jackson's first time was with a camp counselor, or rather, her corpse.
- Like Father, Like Son: Jackson inherited his murderous traits from his father.
- My Greatest Failure: Jackson's father believes that he could have been the greatest killer ever, if he only had the heart to kill his wife and son.
- Shovel Strike: Barry is killed with repeated shovel slams to the face.
- Tear Off Your Face: Jackson kills Pete by tearing off his face, and grabbing his heart.
- Wild Child: Jackson disappeared after his "drowning", and was raised by wild animals.
- X Meets Y: Friday the 13th meets The Toxic Avenger.