Kenpei To Barabara Shibijin (憲兵とバラバラ死美人) AKA The Military Policeman and the Dismembered Beauty is a film most known for traumatizing Shigesato Itoi as a child, and inspiring him to create Giygas and unleash his horror upon us all via EarthBound.However, there is quite a bit more to the film than that. It takes place in World War II, during the time when Japan occupied Manchuria. A group of Japanese soldiers at Sendai (located in northeastern Japan and a good distance away from Tokyo) discover the body of a dismembered woman in a well. At least a month goes by, and the investigation into the woman's death goes nowhere. Cue the arrival of Miltary Policeman Staff Sergeant Kosaka to solve this mystery!Needs Wiki Magic Love.
This film contains examples of:
- Blackmail: Hospital Guy got Yuriko Ito pregnant and she wanted him to marry her. When he clearly didn't want to, she threatened to talk to his squad captain about the rich girl he hooked up with and shows him a picture that was of them together (which was a big deal back then). So he agreed to marry her, and they engaged in sex, at which point he killed her and dismembered her to cover it up.
- Cowboy Cop: Jerk Investigator could be compared to Carter Blake from Heavy Rain.
- Hypocritical Humor: It's funny to see Mr. Shirtless Man fly into a speech about how his soldiers are wasting precious water, and he drinks it, only to spit it out and say that it does taste and smell terrible.
- Jerkass: Well, with a name like Jerk Investigator, it's pretty obvious who is this trope.
- The Noun and the Noun
- Red Herring: The Squad Captain is not the guilty party and Fumiko is alive, well, and not the murder victim.
- Talking to the Dead: Kosaka talks to the victim's skull, and swears to catch the killer and get the closure the victim wants.
- Villainous Breakdown: Hospital Guy goes into this once he gets caught. It's supposed to be creepy, but it will probably be considered Narmy to a number of people.
- Whip It Good: Jerk Investigator does this to Squad Captain, and there is no discretion shot of this.