A 2011 Romantic Comedy film written by Katherine Fugate and directed by Garry Marshall, the same team responsible for the previous year's Valentine's Day.Released a few weeks before New Year's Eve 2011, the film boasts an All-Star Cast including Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jessica Biel, Ashton Kutcher, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jon Bon Jovi, Katherine Heigl, Josh Duhamel, Zac Efron, Halle Berry, Hilary Swank, and many, many more. Like Valentine's Day, the film follows the intersecting events of various characters, all taking place on the titular day.
This film provides examples of:
- The Cameo: James Belushi, Cary Elwes, and Alyssa Milano show up in small roles.
- New Year Has Come: As the title suggests, the film takes place on New Year's Eve into the early hours of January 1.
- New Year's Resolution: Ingrid Withers makes a list of things to do before the new year, rather than after it.
- It appears to be her list from the previous year.
- Spiritual Successor: To Valentine's Day. Both films had the same writer-director team and both involve large ensemble casts finding romance on the titular holiday.