They're here and they're hungry.A low-budget horror film from 1983, and part of the post-Body Snatchers-remake wave of sci-fi horror. It's a lot of fun.Eyeless hungry man-eating aliens with lots of teeth find their way on our little Earth, and start munching locals. Bunch of old ladies, four teenagers and a boy obsessed with horror movies must now find a way to save themselves.
This film has the examples of:
- Agony of the Feet: When two tadpole aliens attack Aunt Millie, one takes a hold on her foot.
- All in the Eyes: As Charles stands still and quiet in order to not to get the aliens' attention, he looks behind at basement's window on the ground level, with his eyes framed by the light.
- Came from the Sky: The aliens come to Earth in a meteorite. Two campers who find it are first ones on the menu.
- Creepy Basement: Where the aliens take refuge, and where their first three victims come across them.
- Destination Defenestration: The main alien bites off Ellen's head , and the headless corpse is thrown out of the window.
- Eat the Bomb: Charles constructs a makeshift bomb, and tricks the main alien to eat it.
- Eye Scream: Pete's and Charles's uncle, who fell asleep on his armchair, is found dead later with aliens crawling in his empty eye sockets.
- Final Girl: The level-headed Ellen looks most likely to be the Final Girl, but dies in the last 20 minutes and is replaced by another girl who arrived shortly before two-thirds of the way through the film, and whom we only knew from references by the other characters.
- Living Motion Detector: The aliens hunt by sound. After learning this, Charles uses this fact to trick them on several occasions.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: The aliens have rows and rows of teeth.
- Mouth Cam: Two shots are from behind the main alien's teeth.
- Off with His Head!: The aliens bite off Ellen's head.
- Phlegmings: Drool drips from the main alien's teeth as it gets dangerously close to Charles.
- Scary Flashlight Face: Charles tries to give his mom a scare by wearing a mask, and using a flashlight to highlight its features.
- Shadow Discretion Shot: When Sam is eaten in the basement, it is shown by the shadows on the wall.
- Tampering with Food and Drink: One of the tadpole aliens is accidentally served as food after it falls into a blender.
- The End... Or Is It?: When the threat seems to be over, an alien the size of a house bursts out from a hollowed hill.
- To Serve Man: The aliens' entire goal.