Film: Save the Green Planet!
Save the Green Planet! is a Black Comedy/Science Fiction film directed by Jang Jun-hwan.A mentally disturbed young man and his girlfriend kidnap a wealthy executive, convinced that the latter is really a top-ranking alien on a mission to destroy Earth. Chaos ensues.
This film contains examples of:
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Byeong-gu's modus operandi.
- Downer Ending- Byeong-gu is shot dead by the police and the aliens view Earth as a failed experiment and end up blowing it up.
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom - What happens at the end.
- Freudian Excuse: Byeong-gu's father lost his arm in a coal mine, and was killed by his mother when he attacked her and Byeong-gu. Byeong-gu was also beaten in school by the students and the teachers. Eventually he snapped when his mother was put into a coma.
- Everything's Worse with Bees - Byeong-gu throws honey on a police officer and releases several crates full of bees. Guess what happens.
- Human Alien - Byeong-gu thinks the executive is this.
- Impaled Palm: The executive is nailed to a chair.
- Mood Whiplash - The film goes from surreal comedy to horror in a second. This trailer should give you an idea of what to expect.
- Photo Montage - There's one over the credits.
- Traumatic Hair Cut - The executive's head is shaved early on as Byeong-gu believes that the aliens can communicate to each other with their hair.
- Twist Ending - The executive was an alien prince all along.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist - Lee Byeong-gu believes he's saving Earth. Turns out he condemns it, as the executive really was an alien, here to determine if Earth was salvageable; guess what his final verdict is.