A 1991 movie starring Danny Glover
and Martin Short. They're hired to find a missing heiress, Valerie (Sheila Kelley) who is extremely accident prone. Glover's character, Raymond Campanella, is going because he's a professional investigator. Short's character, Eugene Proctor, has been sent because he also
has exceptionally bad luck, and an employee of Valerie's father's believes that he might literally stumble upon her. Hilarity Ensues
This movie contains examples of:
- Cute Clumsy Girl: The main character.
- Easy Amnesia: The plot starts because Valerie bonks her head and forgets who she is
- Failed a Spot Check: After a local criminal robs Martin Short, Danny Glover takes a break from tracking down the alleged kidnapper to help him. They raid a poker game to force the criminal to repay Short. After they leave, they go back to tracking down the kidnapper. Glover takes out a picture of him and realizes he was at the poker game.
- Foreign Remake: Of the French film La Chevre.
- Genre Savvy: Monosoff suggests sending Eugene because his bad luck might lead him to the same bad luck as Valerie. It works.
- The Klutz: Eugene and Valerie are both supreme examples.
- Salt and Pepper: Eugene and Raymond. Raymond's by the book, Eugene is just an idiot.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: By the end of the film.