An annoying prank in restaurants, when you think your food needs a little
bit of salt added and you proceed to do so, the screw and all the salt lands on it.
- The sugar variation happens in The Brothers Bloom: Bloom tries to shake some sugar into his coffee and it won't pour. In disgust, he puts it back down on the table. The sugar jar is instantly picked up by Stephen, who taps it twice on the table, then pours sugar into his cup of coffee. Still disgusted, Bloom picks up the jar after Stephen puts it down and pours... and the entire jar of sugar pours into his coffee.
- Done by Laurel and Hardy in You're Darn Tootin'. Stan, unable to get any salt out of the shaker, unscrews the top. Then Ollie tries to use the shaker, not realising what has happened, and the entire contents end up in his soup. He promptly changes plates with Stan, only for the whole process to be repeated with the pepper.
- Powerpuff Girls #41's lead story, "Pizza My Heart," has Buttercup and a faulty garlic shaker, which pours a mound of garlic salt on her pizza slice. She proceeds to gross out Blossom and Bubbles by eating the slice, mound of garlic salt and all.
- Done in an early Happy Days at Arnold's by Ralph Malph to some random extra. Ralph found this hilarious. Less than two minutes later Ralph is eating and starts to shake some salt and gets a pile himself, presumably courtesy the same guy.
- Mr. Bean does this in one of the episodes. Bonus points as the guy he does it to looks like he can break Bean in half.
- Done on Full House by a friend of Stephanie's. Everyone blames Joey because he pulled the same stunt at Sizzler.