is a 2008 psychological thriller starring Anne Hathaway
and Patrick Wilson.
Claire (Anne Hathaway) is a grief counselor who's been assigned by her mentor, Perry, to conduct therapy for a handful of survivors from a plane crash. She quickly learns that some of the passengers remember an explosion that is at odds with the official explanation by the airline representative, Arkin, who claims that it was a case of operator error. She's even more intrigued by one of the passengers, Eric (Patrick Wilson), who refuses therapy and seems to know things about Claire before meeting her. As she begins falling for Eric, the patients begin disappearing, one by one, leaving Claire to try to determine what's happening to her.
- Color Motif: The color grey shows up in situations related to the truth.
- Dead All Along — Everyone. There were no survivors, including Claire.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia — Most of the survivors have blocked out large segments of the crash, including one man who doesn't even remember his name anymore. One of concerns raised by Arkin is that the Repressed Memories the therapy group seem to be recovering are induced by Claire's questions.
- Hollywood Psych — Largely averted. Claire is new to practicing her psychology, but she largely operates under correct professional ethics other than sleeping with one of her patients...
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl — Eric acts to shake up Claire and bring her out of her sheltered world.
- Portent of Doom — Before the patients disappear, they see people watching them. These people are dead friends and relatives trying to guide them to the light.