A 1981 science fiction horror B-Movie
by Roger Corman
The crew of the starship Quest are sent on a rescue mission to the distant planet Morganthus where they encounter gruesome things out to kill them.
The gruesome things are born out of each crew member's fears.James Cameron
was the production designer and second unit director for this one, by the way.
This film contains examples of:
- Anyone Can Die: And most do. Even the hero's girlfriend Alluma doesn't survive.
- Death World: Morganthus.
- The Dog Was the Mastermind: The Planet Master, who had sent the Quest to Morganthus, was actually Kore the cook.
- Dumb Blonde: Averted, Daimeia is blonde and busty but she's a medic officer. Doesn't save her from dying.
- Enemy Rising Behind: The maggot towards Daimeia.
- Fanservice / Fan Disservice: The...worm scene...
- Karmic Death: People die based on what they fear the most.
- New Meat: Would you believe the youngest of the group dies first!?
- Old Shame: Actually averted, no one really seems to be that ashamed of working on it, not even Taaffe O'Connell, who played Daimeia.
- Rape as Drama / Death by Sex: Daimeia gets raped to death by a huge monster maggot in the film's most INFAMOUS scene.
- Roger Corman: Produced, not directed.
- The Voiceless: Quuhod. He has only one line: "I live...and I die... by the crystals."