Film / Forbidden World
is a 1982 sci-fi/horror film produced by Roger Corman
and directed by Allan Holzman.
In the distant future, on the way back to Earth, bounty hunter Mike Colby and his android companion SAM are diverted to the remote planet Xarbia. There, a research facility has accidentally created a horrible monster called Subject 20. Shortly after Colby's arrival, the creature proceeds to decimate the lab's staff and becomes bent on converting them into a source of food.
The film utilized many of the same sets
as Galaxy of Terror
, which is standard Corman procedure for you.
This film contains examples of:
- Cruel and Unusual Death: An attack from Subject 20 causes its victims to disintegrate into mush alive—even if the attack takes off a chunk of the victim's head.
- Foreshadowing: Colby goes through a decontamination procedure and asks if anyone can get cancer from it. Cal's got it, though this may be due to his Cigarette of Anxiety use as well.
- Fanservice: Tracy and Barb get naked a lot.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Subject 20.
- Hope Spot: Barb discovers that Subject 20 is sentient and can communicate via the ship's computer system, and it seems she might be able to negotiate it into letting her and the others live. It kills her instead.
- Incurable Cough of Death: Dr. Cal has one.
- It Can Think
- Too Dumb to Live: Barb disagrees with everyone else about destroying the creature and tries to communicate with it instead. The predictable happens.