Film: Dragon Ball: Fight for Victory, Son Goku!
Goku is a kid, Master Roshi has a turtle and Yamcha has Puar... now this one really LOOKS like Dragon Ball!Dragon Ball: Fight For Victory, Son Goku!
(Deuraegonbol: Ssawora Son Ogong, Igyeora Son Ogong note
) is a Korean Live Action
movie strongly based on the Dragon Ball
It was released on 1990 by (Normally) animation studio Dai Won
; and for those who have seen it, it's full of Narm Charm
and B-movies charm
In comparison with the other two Dragon Ball
films, American Dragon Ball Evolution
and Chinese Dragon Ball The Magic Begins
, this movie is by far the most faithful to Akira Toriyama
's story, and the one that received the highest ratings in the Movie Database (5.0, against 3.1 of DBE and 3.8 of DBTMB).
Also, since this movie is impossible to get, you might have to resort to piracy to see it. It can easily found on a Google or YouTube
This movie provides examples of:
- Anime Hair: Just look at the picture!
- Everything's Better with Plushies: Puar is portrayed as one in the movie (See below)
- Off-the-Shelf FX: The Dragon Radar's a customized Game & Watch and Puar's a simple plush toy of the character.
- People in Rubber Suits - Since there was no way to make an pterodactyl or a bear, they had to use guys in an pterodactyl armor and a bear in armor respectively.
- This is also true for all the other characters. Which is awesome, since they resemble a lot the characters from the Manga.
- Pragmatic Adaptation - It's a movie about Dragon Ball, so a lot of things were left out.
- Shout-Out: In Bulma's capsule house, the very first episode of Dragon Ball is seen on TV.