Dragon Ball: Fight For Victory, Son Goku! (Deuraegonbol: Ssawora Son Ogong, Igyeora Son Ogong note ) is a Korean Live Action movie strongly based on the Dragon Ball franchise.It was released on 1990 by (Normally) animation studio Dai Won; and for those who have seen it, it's full of Narm Charm and B-movies charm.In comparison with the other two Dragon Ball films, American Dragon Ball Evolution and Chinese Dragon Ball: The Magic Begins, this movie is by far the most faithful to Akira Toriyama's story, and the one that received the highest ratings in the Movie Database (5.0, against 3.1 of DBE and 3.8 of DBTMB).Also, since this movie is impossible to get, you might have to resort to piracy to see it. It can easily found on a Google or YouTube search.
This movie provides examples of:
- Anime Hair: Just look at the picture!
- Dub Name Change: "Kame House" is renamed "Turtle House" in this movie.
- Everything's Better with Plushies: Puar is portrayed as one in the movie (See below)
- Off-the-Shelf FX: The Dragon Radar's a customized Game & Watch and Puar's a simple plush toy of the character.
- People in Rubber Suits - Since there was no way to make an pterodactyl or a bear, they had to use guys in an pterodactyl armor and a bear in armor respectively.
- This is also true for all the other characters. Which is awesome, since they resemble a lot the characters from the Manga.
- Pragmatic Adaptation - It's a movie about Dragon Ball, so a lot of things were left out. Other times things are changed due to budget restrictions e.g. the Pterodactyl is adapted as a human with Pterodactyl features.
- Nappa from Dragon Ball Z appears.
- Shout-Out: In Bulma's capsule house, the very first episode of Dragon Ball is seen on TV.
- Smoking Is Cool: Puar is seen smoking in his film even though she never does so in the Manga.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Most of the villains are killed through very minor occurrences and yet they explode.