This film contains examples of:
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: There is a dub track that translates the film's sign language into English overly literally.
- Chekhov's Gun: Peanuts. (Really.)
- Department of Redundancy Department: "It's good to see you again!" is repeated several times in one conversation. Indeed, it sometimes seems that half the movie is characters repeating their dialogue.
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Parody Retcon: Even going so far as to rename it Young Deafula.
- Shout-Out: Switched at Birth references Deafenstein.
- The Speechless: This film's version of The Igor is a hunchback with no hands (or rather, with tin cans shoved over his hands.)
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot