Fanfic: Spyro Madness Saga
A Fan Fic
trilogy based off the Spyro the Dragon
series, written by the Chaotic Queen of Madness. Currently in progress, with the first book
finished after two years.
View second book here.
Spyro and Cynder are sent by the guardians to investigate a disturbance, and end up falling into a new world known the the Chaotic Realm, led by an insane queen who "invited" them and another family. Spyro and Cynder both have personal problems: Spyro is raising his twin daughters alone after his mate Ember passed away laying the egg, and Cynder is literally struggling with her own mind. The queen has asked them for help, but what could she need their help with?
The saga manages to keep enough humerous qualities to be concidered Adventure-Comedy.
Tropes in the saga
- Abusive Parents: Terrador.
- Action Girl: Cynder. And Ember after she Took a Level in Badass.
- Affectionate Parody: of Oblivion.
- Always Identical Twins: Virtue and Rose.
- Badass Adorable: Ember is still considered cute after she learns to fight and gains her scars.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Her whole life, Ember has wanted to know what the letter from her parents said. When she finally learns what is says, her response is less than pleased.
- Berserk Button: Celia has very few standards, but never, EVER harm a child in any way, or she will make you suffer a Fate Worse Than Death.
- Big Damn Heroes: Spyro enters Cynder's mind to save her from Torment.
- There's also Hunter (and Ignitus by extension) rescuing Ember from her prison.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Ember does this to Terrador.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Virtually everyone in the Madness Realm.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Terrador does this to Ember in Chaos.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Nala is very pretty, but incredibly clumsy.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Two cases.
- Case one: Ember is Malefor's granddaughter, but despite this, she's still the kind-hearted dragoness Spyro fell in love with.
- Case two: Cynder posesses her dark powers, but still sees them as evil.
- Death by Childbirth: Ember dies laying an egg.
- Despair Event Horizon: Cynder after breaking free of Torment's control.
- Everyone Is Bi: And I mean EVERYONE!
- First Girl Wins: Averted. Cynder has known Spyro for years and believes Spyro is in love with her, but he actually is in love with Ember, who he took care of for months and grew close to.
- Heroic BSOD:
- Happens to Ember after learning Spyro lied to her in book one.
- Played for Laughs with Cynder after she sees Spyro and Ember getting intimate.
- More tragically Cynder after her Super-Powered Evil Side slaughters an entire party.
- I Just Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Cynder after admitting Spyro loves Ember.
- Jerkass: Whoever Ember's father is. It's Terrador.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The queen may be an Axe Crazy, sadistic slut, but she truly cares for the innocent, especially children.
- Knight Templar: Terrador.
- Love at First Sight: Averted. Spyro does befriend Ember right away, but doesn't begin falling in love with her until they spend plenty of time together with her readng lessons.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Malefor is Ember's maternal greatgrandfather. And Terrador is her father.
- Manipulative Bitch: Torment.
- Meaningful Name: Virtue and Rose were named for a discussion Spyro had with Ember shortly after becoming a couple.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Torment.
- Never Learned to Read: Ember, having grown up in the wild with no parents, is illiterate in the beginning, and has a note that she was given since she was born. Spyro offers to teach her, beginning their friendship. Spyro later regrets this after Ember reads the note, and learns that Spyro lied to her about it being in another language.
- Order Versus Chaos: The main plot.
- Papa Wolf: Spyro jumps into a strange portal so he can follow his daughter Virtue, who jumped in.
- Really Gets Around: Queen Celia has slept with many of her servants, male and female.
- Schedule Slip: It took a little over two years just to finish Chaos.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Torment
- Took a Level in Badass Ember in the beginning of book two.
- Who's on First?: Logar and Natalie perform the classic skit flawlessly on stage, impressing the queen.
- You Monster!: Ember to Terrador.