Fan Fic: Not Normal People
Not Normal People is a Wizards of Waverly Place fanfic by James Doyle, posted on FanFiction.net. The title is a reference to Justin's last line in the episode "Wizards vs. Werewolves".After an unspecified amount of time, Justin Russo's grief over the death of his vampire girlfriend Juliet Van Heusen has subsided to the point that he is now willing to consider dating again. Complicating this situation is the fact that his long-time admirer Harper Finkle is still in love with him.After consulting both his best friend Zeke and his sister Alex, he relents and agrees to go on a date with Harper. While on his date with Harper, Justin discovers, much to his own surprise, that he has feelings for Harper, which may very well have been lingering beneath the surface for some time.Given this epiphany, Justin must examine whether a relationship is possible, and the problems said relationship would pose against his desire to become the family wizard.WARNING: The tropes section contains unmasked spoilers
Not Normal People provides examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms - Justin attributes his ability to hold back to "practicing on his own." It means exactly what it sounds like.
- Death of the Hypotenuse - Juliet had to die for Harper to get her shot.
- Heroes Want Redheads - Justin falling for Harper
- Jossed - No sooner was this story posted than Harper shifted her obsession onto Zeke in Canon.
- Lemon - But not Porn Without Plot.
- Primal Scene - Max discovers Justin and Harper the morning after. His first thought is to try and blackmail them.
- Ready for Lovemaking - Harper has her room tricked out with candles, satin sheets, and mood music for after her date with Justin.
- Sex Equals Love
- Songfic - Chapter four consists mostly of Justin and Harper making love to rhythm of Mariah Carey's cover of "I Want to Know What Love Is".
- Stacy's Mom - Justin is well-aware of how other guys see his mother, and it squicks him out
- Technical Virgin - Justin has been to third base, whereas Harper has been, at most, to first.
- Their First Time - Justin and Harper
- Title Drop - As per the author's custom