is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Fanfic
written by Romaji
. The year is 2025. A laboratory experiment created the mane six 5 years ago. It's been a secret for five years now.But now, the world will know of all their hard work. The world will know of these loveable, cute and smart fillies and their benefit to the future of mankind. Sadly, not everyone sees the potential.
Please be warned about First Episode Spoiler
that is unavoidably spoiled.
Mutant provides examples of:
- Arc Number: 42, 77
- Arc Words: In a meta example, the author, after publishing the incredibly happy and cute first chapter, kept repeating "The house of cards will fall."
- Broken Record: On the cover, the argument against the ponies devolves into "Kill, Kill, Kill, Kill, Kill, Kill..."
- Burn the Witch!: The mobs goal. They even use that terminology to refer to Kittery Abigail
- Celebrity Paradox: In the fic, the TV show doesn't exist, but Twilight Sparkle AKA:Twilight X42 gets misidentified for her voice actor, Tara Strong.
- Creating Life Is Awesome: Kittery Abigail believes this.
- Cthulhu Mythos: Kittery Abigail is Yog-Sogoth in Twilight's dream.
- Cosmic Horror Story: Twilight's dream. Keep in mind that she's five years old.
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: Kittery Abigail wasn't going to last
- Dramatic Gun Cock: The sound effect gets an entire line to itself.
- First Time in the Sun: Sure, it might be because they have to now that they can't live where they always have, and and their mother figure has been killed, but it still applies to the ponies.
- Kill the Cutie: Kittery Abigail.
- Happy Flashback: Twilight has these that remind her just how much her life sucks now.
- Four Is Death: The 911 call rings four times before it drops. And then the mob kills Kittery Abigail.
- Harmful to Minors: Kittery Abigail's death
- Heroic BSOD: Twilight Sparkle has one right after Kittery Abigail's death. She broke out of it when she heard the click of a shotgun
- Interspecies Adoption: Kittery Abigail can be seen as this to the ponies. Later, Deviant Andover adopts Twilight.
- Magic Genetics: Genetics somehow can create magic. Somehow.
- Mood Whiplash: Up to Eleven in the chapter Implications.
- Let me expand this a bit. So, after the first chapter, everything is looking up. The next day, there's a gun-wielding mob at the door. And they kill Kittery Abigail. And now Twilight is all alone, with just Kittery's laptop.
- Motherly Scientist: Kittery Abigail
- Next Sunday A.D.: With some rare exceptions, (the ponies come to mind), the tech is like 2013, despite being set in 2025.
- N-Word Privileges: Heard in one of Twilight's dreams.
- Nightmare Sequence: Twilight has one that involves Yog-sooth in the third chapter.
- Oh Crap: The 911 call went to voicemail.
- Parental Substitute: Justified Trope with the ponies. They were made in the lab, so Kittery Abigail is not really their mother.
- Police Are Useless: Played With. The Police are not seen to be incompetent or evil, but a call to them to deal with the mob drops. Cue Oh Crap.
- Psychic Dreams for Everyone: Played With.
- Weapon of Choice: The mob loves to use shotguns.
- Science Is Bad: Inverted with the lab. However, The gun wielding mob thinks this trope is in full effect.
- Shoot Out the Lock: In the second chapter, the mob shoots out the lock to the 'mane' room with birdshot. They kill Kittery Abigail with some of the other pellets of bird shot.The mob member is just glad he didn't have to use another round.
- Skewed Priorities: The mob seems to be more concerned with wasting ammo than the legal repercussions of it.
- Sufficiently Analyzed Magic: The lab invoked this. They made/discovered magic and they are scientists, They are going to research it.
- Torches and Pitchforks: Averted Trope. The mob is armed entirely with shotguns. And it's not even really a mob...
- Troubling Unchild Like Behavior: Cosmic Horror Story nightmares in a five year old.
- T-Word Euphemism: Used when the N-Word comes up.
- You Can't Go Home Again: The mob ruined the lab. The ponies can never return.