From Concert to Chaos
is a Vocaloid
fanfic written by Mr. Fanfic Guy
, the same author who wrote The Day Everything Changed
and Lucky Star After Story
. The first chapter was uploaded on January 19, 2012 and the eighth and final chapter was uploaded on March 28, 2012.
The story takes place on Saturday July 10, 2010
. That afternoon, the Vocaloids are holding a live concert at the Tanabata festival in Hiratsuka, Kanagawa. All seems to be going well. That is, until two rogue Vocaloids, by the names of Miku Zatsune and Rin Arakawa, get in the way.
You see, not too long before the events of the story, Zatsune and Arakawa were dating Mikuo and Len, respectively. The relationship did not last very long however, before the boys got disillusioned by their rotten behavior and dumped them. Unfortunately for them, Zatsune and Arakawa not only refused
to believe that it was THEIR OWN GODDAMNED FAULT
, but they instead convinced themselves that Miku and Rin were somehow responsible
for the breakup and they decided that they would have to pay dearly for this interference
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Big Bads: Miku Zatsune and Rin Arakawa are evil to the core, and they use nearly every dirty trick in the book to get their way.
- Crazy-Prepared: Zatsune manages to rig the area around the stage with an electric barrier, as well as the area around the audience with a wall of fire, and manages to trick the police to go to the other side of the town by making a false report and disconnects all the phone lines.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Zatsune and Arakawa give an absolutely brutal one of these to Miku and Rin in the climax of Chapter 4.
- Dark Fic: Oh boy. The author has gone on record saying this was the darkest fanfic he has written so far.
- For the Evulz: The reason Zatsune and Arakawa decide to put up an electric barrier around the stage during the attack, and even more to the point, trap the audience of over 16,000 fans in a 2 meter high wall of fire.
- From Bad to Worse: Starting towards the end of Chapter 4, the fanfic takes a dark and bleak turn, and keeps going downhill from there until the middle of Chapter 8.
- Lack of Empathy: What makes Zatsune and Arakawa even more despicable, is their complete and utter lack of empathy towards their victims. They make it clear that they are enjoying every moment of the suffering of their victims.
- Misplaced Retribution: Zatsune and Arakawa use this not only on Miku and Rin, but even the audience who had merely come to the watch the concert.
- Never My Fault: Zatsune and Arakawa absolutely refused to believe that they drove Mikuo and Len away themselves, and instead they lay the blame entirely on Miku and Rin, and convinced themselves that they would have to pay dearly.
- Oh, Crap: Everyone has one of these when they learn that a homicidal Zatsune has escaped from prison and is now hell bent on murder.
- Pragmatic Villainy: Arakawa admits and complains that she actually didn't want to go through with Zatsune's plan...not because of any higher moral ground, but more because she didn't think it was worth the time, effort or risk of punishment.
- Taking the Bullet: During Zatsune's assault on the hospital in Chapter 7, she fires her guns countless times. It is revealed in the beginning of Chapter 8, we learn that Haku, Neru, and Teto were struck by Zatsune's bullets. Luckily, their wounds were not too serious.
- Would Hurt a Child: There were over 5,000 children in the audience that day. Zatsune and Arakawa not only know this, but they don't even give a shit. In fact, they seem pleased that they were able to scar children for life.