Taylor Hebert failed, in her moment to become something more. But with her failure, she was Chosen.Fiend; or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Green Sun
is a crossover between Worm
Tropes found in Fiend:
- Every Car Is a Pinto: Subverted. Despite Taylor's best efforts, she cannot make a gas tank explode by shooting it.
- Killit With Fire: Surprisingly, Taylor mostly averts this; she has to restrict her use of Greeen Sun Nimbus Flare (A.K.A. green nuclear hatefire) so that people don't draw a connection between her activities in New York and Defiler.
- Immune to Fate: As an Infernal Exalted, Taylor is Outside Fate, and thus cannot be seen by any form of precognition.
- Instant Expert: Thanks to being a Solaroid Exalt, Taylor is this with her Caste and Favoured abilities and also some Charms, but the setup that logiccosmic is using means that she gains Limit/Torment every time she bypasses learning times for them.
- Interrupted Suicide: After her first Torment, Taylor tries to kill herself. She is stopped by a call on her motel room phone by the Number Man.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: Trickster in the midst of Noelle's rampage by Sundancer.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Taylor's reaction to her actions in Torment, when she killed several people.
- Mysterious Backer: Cauldron and the Number Man specifically are this to Taylor.
- Poor Communication Kills: Taylor, you really shouldn't have put the phone down on the Number Man before he was finished telling you about all of the members of the Travellers...
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: Taylor seems to be gaining one of these, with her recruitment of Sundancer and Damsel Of Distress.
- Reality Ensues: Frequently.
- Right for the Wrong Reasons: One of the early speculations on Taylor's exaltation cocoon was the birth of a new Endbringer. If you consider Endbringers as beings that can cause the End of the World as We Know It, then that is exactly what an Infernal Exalt is.
- Super Mode: Devil Tyrant Avatar Shintai, which turns Taylor into giant, winged, fire-spewing stone monster.
- There Is No Kill Like Over Kill: How does Taylor kill Noelle? By impaling her on a metal spike on a fuel tanker, then blowing the whole thing up.
- Vigilante Woman: After running to New York, Taylor sets herself up as a vigilante at the prompting of the Number Man.
- You Can't Go Home Again: After being outed as Defiler, Taylor flees Brockton Bay.