Fanfic: Blooper Mario Sunshine
Blooper Mario Sunshine is a fanfiction retelling of Super Mario Sunshine
writen by AllHailMario
It follows Mario, Peach, Toadsworth, and a few other toads, who are on to Isle Delfino for a vacation. Unfortunately, after meeting a mean-spirited water pump named FLUDD (Fake Lying Unuseful Dumb Dud
) and defeating a polluted piranha plant with a four-month-old raisin, Mario is arrested and accused of polluting the island which drove away all of the shine sprites. Now he is forced to clean the island and find all of the shine sprites. Hilarity Ensues
You can read it here
(Safe for work).
This Fanfiction contains examples of:
- Author Avatar: The "Writer" is obviously AllHailMario.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: FLUDD does this frequently.
- Inverted with Mario. He is unaware that he's in a video game in the first few chapters and when FLUDD breaks the fourth wall, he has no idea what he's talking about. He becomes aware later.
- He's also aware that he's in a fanfic because he talks with the writer occasionally.
- Buffy Speak: The large Cataquack-like minibosses faced on the mirrors are referred to as "apple-things" by both Mario and the narrative.
- The Chew Toy: The whole universe is out to get Mario. Often, however, he brings it upon himself by being stupid, a jerk, or both.
- Divide by Zero: The boat in Corona Mountain breaking physics (A disliked aspect of the original game) is treated as this, with Bowser even stating he intends to divide by zero later as well.
- Griefer: FLUDD often has no reason to lie to Mario or otherwise get him in trouble.
- Kangaroo Court: Mario is found guilty immediately after he's put on trial, twice.
- Only Sane Man: Anyone from the Mushroom kingdom.
- Pain-Powered Leap: One of Mario's numerous attempts to get up onto a ledge he left FLUDD on is to try and exploit this trope, goading a nearby beehive into stinging him so he can jump high enough to reach the ledge. The narrative doesn't even describe what happens, simply leaving it at "It doesn't work".
- Piantas Are Useless: All of the citizens of Isle Delfino are either stupid, lazy, or both.
- Running Gag: Several. The water striders in Bianco Hills assaulting Mario, FLUDD dousing Mario with its Idiot Stopper whenever he won't proceed, and the Chucksters who throw anyone who speaks to them.
- Script Fic: The story is in this format. References are even made to "the camera" or "background music", albeit less often as the fic goes on.
- You Are Fat: FLUDD pokes at Mario's weight plenty of times. Additionally, the news reports often do this unintentionally, such as suspecting a massive impact into Pinna Park to have been from an 800 pound meteorite, or mistaking Mario for a sumo wrestler. There seems to be some truth to it, as Mario is able to tip the giant mirrors just by hanging from their edge, and defeat the Wiggler with just one ground-pound instead of three like in the source material.