Fanfic / Blizzard Storm
Blizzard Storm is a fanfic of the Webcomic Slightly Damned
. The basic premise of the fic is a Alternate Continuity
Fic. The fic tells the story of Eric, an American soldier who is sent on an assassination mission. However, upon seemingly completing his mission, he is surrounded by the rebels. Before he is shot to death, an unknown phenomenon transports him to Medius. Not realizing that he is in another world, Eric must now traverse this new world, and try to survive at the same time.FanFiction.Net
Also has a side story chapter titled Waterfall Romance
Has now been completed, with a sequel already released, titled Eternal Wind
This fanfic contains examples of:
- A Boy and His X: A soldier and his Demon Soul Partner (later his girlfriend).
- And the Adventure Continues: The first half of the epilogue ends with Eric and Sakido setting out on another journey having defeated the rebels
- Badass Normal: Despite being by all definitions, a normal human being, Eric is more than capable of fighting against both Angels AND Demons, and winning. Subverted starting from chapter 22, due to him losing the normal.
- Back from the Dead: Sakido.
- Bait-and-Switch: Early in the fic, it seems that Lazuli would have an important role in the fic. However, aside from her initial appearance at the beginning, she has little to no significance in the storyline.
- Battle Couple: Eric and Sakido not long after the two confess their feelings.
- Being Evil Sucks: Sakido seems to think this of her old life.
- Big Damn Heroes: Eric and Sakido, with the two often taking turns for each other.
- Broken Bird: Sakido, for obvious reasons. Seems to be getting better.
- Dark Is Not Evil: After realizing that Sakido is a real Demon, Eric quickly realizes this.
- Fantastic Racism: Eric's opinion of the actions of the Angels and other Medians towards Demons. Used to call Kieri out when she comments on Sakido's past actions.
- Fix Fic: The series has shades of this, particularly concerning Sakido's fate in canon, which the author finds to have been just too cruel for her, who by that point was already tortured enough
- Going Native: What happens to Eric, since by the time of the side story, its doubtful Eric would even want to leave Medius if it means leaving Sakido behind.
- Have You Seen My God?: Just like in the original story. In this case, the three gods of Medius seem to be trapped in an unknown location, though later chapters imply that Death is still able to interact with his domain to a certain degree.
- Interspecies Romance: Aside from Buwaro and Kieri, Eric and Sakido. To a certain degree, both can also be considered Fantastic Romance, particularly the former. played with for the later starting from chapter 22
- Involuntary Shapeshifting: Eric during chapter 22. Quickly becomes Voluntary Shapeshifting.
- I Will Protect Her: While never actually saying it, Eric towards Sakido, especially after he confesses to her.
- Light Is Not Good: Eric's perception of the Angels after an unprovoked attack by a pair of Angels thanks to Fantastic Racism.
- Oh, Crap!: A rather amusing variation, when Eric realizes that Sakido is a REAL Demon. A more appropriate example is Rhea's and Kieri's reactions upon seeing Eric after he turns into a demon.
- Rebuilt Pedestal: Sakido. While her relationship with Buwaro will probably never be the same again, the fact that he forgave her and they reconciled may have resulted in a small dose of this trope.
- Relationship Upgrade: Happens several times throughout the fic, with the biggest ones happening in chapter 17 and in Waterfall Romance
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Its implied that the sequel will be this to a lesser extent for the soldiers from Earth, since one of their objectives, which is to retrieve Eric, is pretty much doomed for failure since he's happy in Medius
- Synchronization: Eric and Sakido due to the latter sharing the former's soul. Later becomes Mindlink Mates after they fall in love.
- Their First Time: In the side-story chapter, Waterfall Romance, Eric and Sakido have their respective first times. Also doubles as Relationship Upgrade
- Trapped in Another World: Essentially the basic premise that kicks off the entire fic.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Eric, starting from chapter 24.
- Waterfall Shower: Both Sakido and Eric get this idea in Waterfall Romance, followed by an accidental Outdoor Bath Peeping, which ultimately leads to Their First Time