Fan Fic / The Worlds Translated Thus
The World's Translated Thus
takes everything a G1 fanboy loves about Transformers and turns it upside faster than Blurr
can mutter Ruined FOREVER
, though the term "rape my childhood" is far more appropriate, literally.
Given the quality and depth it's forgivable.
Like most fanfiction, delves more into the emotions of its characters over the general tropes associated with the franchise; inter-galactic battles, alien worlds, ect. However the story also takes into consideration ethics, cultures, history, biology, and mythos of the Cybertronians and how such factors of cultural identity can both drive and tear apart the mecha-warriors. Playing much like a sci-fi Shakespearean tragedy with robots
about what happens when Optimus Prime, Cybertron's living god, takes the Decepticon subcommander Starscream as a lover and the price all of Cybertron pays for the affair.
Fair warning though, despite being a refreshing change from most fanfiction in comparison, it's primary genre is EROTICA. As in there are sex scenes every other chapter, well-written but bizzaro sex-scenes of alien wing wong
that can either be passionate or emotional thanks to the quality in writing, or narmy
given the descriptions of their biology. But the amounts of alien sex is somewhat justified
as it function as character development as well as fan service.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Beta Couple: As per usual transformer yaoi tradition, Prowl and Jazz are somewhere screwin'.
- Corrupt Church: The priests of the Celestial Temple.
- Crapsack World: The Autobots may be staying on Earth for reasons other than battling Cons...
- Crystal Dragon Jesus: Deconstructed, you know Jesus' resurrection? Orion Pax, Prime's former incarnation was killed by the Autobots so they could resurrect the Prime lineage. Also the High Command was breeding him as a SACRIFICE. And here you thought the Autobots in TFA were corrupt.
- Deconstructor Fleet: Of the Transformers series and a lot of Fandom-Specific Plots in particular.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: In-universe Mirage, a Cybertronian noble, is believed to be a much better match for the Prime. the fact that he tries to make this conan leads to tragic results.
- Informed Ability: Prime is supposed to be a great leader, the purest Prime in history, and a "God-Warrior" or something, mirroring his G1 self. What the audience sees is a lovestruck idiot pining for STARSCREAM of all individuals.
- Fatal Flaw: For Star Pride, Lust for Optimus.
- Love Ruins the Realm: Goes without saying.
- Kung-Fu Jesus: Prime's battle prowess for the Decepticons.
- The Starscream: Unlike most OP/SS fanfics, Screamer stays in-character to the point of SHOOTING OPTIMUS IN THE HEAD.
- Not as You Know Them: Big offender, alternately it can be seen as an AU taken to the logical extreme.
- Yandere: Optimus for Starscream, and vice versa though not as extreme.