Fan Fic: Super Magica Wars
Super Magica Wars is an ongoing Magical Girl themed Mega Crossover fic in the style of Super Robot Wars, written by Ray of Speed on Fanfiction.net. Like SRW, it aims to squish Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Heart Catch Pretty Cure, and Senki Zesshou Symphogear into one continuity, as well as including a number of series that follow the theme but are not, conventionally, Magical Girl shows, like GARO and Busou Renkin. Also like SRW, it contains at least one Original Generation character, who interacts as an outside force on the various shows. By the far most notable inclusion, in terms of "what are you doing here anyway", is that while the fic claims to include Madoka, it includes that series as Magica Madoka Veneficus Puella.The fic kicks off with Cure Moonlight's battle with Dark Precure, as per the first episode of Heartcatch, and then dumps directly into the first episode of Nanoha A's. Where it goes off the rails, however, is the fight with the Wolkenritter, when the Original Generation character, Alexis Weaver, crashes in, closely pursued by a set of Terminator knock-offs she calls "Memory Recorders".The series is still early days, but shows reasonable promise.
This Fanfic provide examples of:
- Berserk Button: Vita's hat, again.
- Big Damn Heroes: Incessantly early on, due to the addition of an extra set of reinforcements on each side of Nanoha A's opening fight. That chapter is actually named "Judgment Justice", a Take That at Super Robot Wars Judgment, which is much-maligned for its excessively long stages and many waves of reinforcements.
- Calling Your Attacks: Of course.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Nanoha's sheer power is described this way via discussed training montage in the first chapter.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Memory Recorders are implied to be this: their mooks look like streamlined Terminators, Enbey gets rustled by their arrival even though he isn't present, and Alexis, who showed off her Blood Knight tendencies fighting Vita, described them as "the worst enemy".
- Just Here for Godzilla: Pick a series, but the inclusion of Veneficus Puella is most likely to invoke this among fanfic readers.
- Les Yay: It opens with Nanoha, so there's that, but Alexis gets told off for eyeing Arf.
- Pragmatic Adaptation: Due to there being a lot of series to get to and the overall darker tone set by the inclusion of Veneficus Puella and similar series, the narrative cuts out a lot of the wackiness and slice-of-life montage scenes from the first episode of Nanoha A's. It also slightly skims Fate's fight with Signum, compressing their two clashes into one and slightly changing the order of events; this is presumably to give a little more screentime over to Alexis, who needs an actual introduction compared to the other characters.
- Shout-Out: The weapons Alexis summons with her device, Skull Heart, are the various signature weapons of Super Robot Wars original mechs - thus far, she's used the Excessbein Ashe's T-LINK Saber (even bogarting its activation call) and the Weiss Ritter's Oxtongue Rifle. The name of her device is also a Crossbone Gundam reference.