Fan Fic: Jedi Padme Trilogy
Somehow I've never learned to look at you as another Jedi. — Anakin Skywalker in ''Attack of the Clones AU
The Jedi Padme Trilogy
is a Trilogy
of Star Wars Fan Fics
based around the idea of Padme as a Jedi
. But Wait, There's More!
, there's the female Sith
, Padmé's replacement Rhadé Nalanda
and an ending that will have you in tears.
Read it here
There is a sequel series planned
, but only the first story, The Chosen Apprentice
has been completed
The Jedi Padme Trilogy
contains examples of the following tropes.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: Qui-Gon and maybe Padmé.
- Affably Evil: Renust Nju
- Alan Rickman: The author has said that he would play this character, complete with accent, if he was in the films.
- Alternate Universe Fic: and this turns into an Alternate Continuity
- Always Save the Girl: Anakin, to the point of tricking Obi-Wan into thinking they were going somewhere else in order to save Padmé.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: And it's much better than in the film.
Anakin: I never knew how much I loved you before, how much I cared, and how much it would hurt if I lost you.
- Artificial Limbs: Padmé gets one of these.
- At the Opera Tonight
- Body Double Sanné is this for Nalanda.
- Cassandra Truth Renust Nju knows his betrayal is this and this is why he lets her live, as they wouldn't believe her if she told them.
- Charm Person Padmé with the guy at the bar who is trying to hit on her.
- Combat Pragmatist Padmé and Anakin talk about this, and this is why she manages to win their Final Fight.
- Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are Renust Nju when fighting Padmé.
- Crowning Moment Of Heart Warming So many, like the Underwater Kiss
- Cyanide Pill Renust Nju/Darth Typhon when captured in a cage of lightsabers by Yoda.
- Defiant to the End
Renust Nju You'll never know, Master Yoda. Even you, with all your knowledge of the Force, will never truly know what the dark side truly is and why it ensnared me.
- Died Happily Ever After Padmé
- Died in Your Arms Tonight Padmé
- Distaff Counterpart Maxah to Maul, and they both die in the first episode.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?
Padmé: Looks like I'll have to make the first move.
- Downer Ending And how!
- Dreaming of Things to Come Played straight and subverted.
- Et Tu, Brute? Mace Windu when killed by Renust Nju.
- Everyone Can See It Everyone can see the attraction between Anakin and Padmé (even Yoda) but also knows about the problems with such a relationship.
- Face-Heel Turn Renust Nju though this is only implied and we never see it happen.
- Fighting Your Friend Anakin vs Padmé. The first time they are just practicing, the second it's for real.
- Final Speech Played straight and averted twice.
- Heroic Sacrifice
- His Heart Will Go On
- Honor Before Reason
- Hover Board Named a Repulsorboard, Padmé uses one of these in the chase scene on Coruscant.
- I Didn't Mean To Turn You On Most of the second two stories, Padmé's fighting against Anakin's growing attraction. She doesn't succeed.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice When Renust Nju is contained in a cage of lightsabers held together by Yoda, he kills himself with his own lightsaber and is carved up by the blades of the cage. One would think Yoda would have moved them in time so as not to leave such a mess on his nice temple floor.
- In the Back
- I Shall Taunt You
- It's Not You, It's My Enemies Sort of, but Padmé never explains this to Anakin.
- Last Kiss
- Love Epiphany During the Underwater Kiss
- Love Hurts Explained by, of all people Yoda.
- Love Redeems
- Married to the Job Padmé is this, to some extent. Though she has been trained to be a Jedi from birth.
- Message in a Bottle The first fic starts on this, as the reason Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan come to Naboo is because of Padmé's message about the failure of the negotiations and the death of her master.
- Treacherous Advisor Renust Nju
- The Mole Renust Nju
- The Mourning After Anakin after Padmé dies
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast Darth Typhon
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero Subverted, Anakin does this on purpose.
"What did you do?" Padmé shouted.
They were hanging on to the back of the speeder as it took a nosedive through the lines of air traffic. Anakin had his free arm around her and for once she didn't mind.
"I disconnected the engines," Anakin replied, though it was almost impossible to hear him.
"You WHAT?" She looked at him incredulously as the ground started to come into view.
"Don't worry," Anakin said with a shrug, "this isn't the first crash landing I've caused."
- Nobody Thinks It Will Work Averted, but the only one who doesn't think this way (aside from Anakin) is Nalanda.
- No, Mr. Bond, I Expect You to Dine Dooku and Sidious's method for delaying with Nalanda and her loyalist friends.
- Pimped-Out Dress Check out Nalanda's wardrobe
- The Reveal Renust Nju is really a Sith Lord named Darth Typhon.
- Rule of Two Deliberately averted though only one is generally know about until The Reveal. However, the two appretinces do know about each other.
- Shirtless Scene
- Shout Out Film
Bail Organa: You should have been a politician, Padmé.
Padmé: I would have been a very bad one.
- As well as Shout Outs to the films themselves in rather unexpected places.
- Showdown at High Noon Mace Windu and Count Dooku.
- Took a Level in Badass Padmé, this is pretty much the entire story.
- Dual Wielding Renust Nju
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute Nalanda
- What If? Basically the entire premise of the series, but there's more than one. What if Padmé was a Jedi? What if Sidious had a spy on the Jedi Council? What if Dooku decided to talk to the Loyalist Committee? What if Dooku was actually captured rather than killed?
- Wig, Dress, Accent Padmé in her disguise as one of Nalanda's handmaidens in the first two fan fics.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl Anakin doesn't fight Padmé fairly because of this until he is possessed by The Dark Side and convinced she is against him by Sidious in their Final Fight.
- You Have Failed Me Renust Nju to Padmé.
- Your Costume Needs Work This happens to Anakin.
Anakin: She says I don't look like me!
The sequel, The Chosen Apprentice
, provides examples of the following tropes.