Fan Fic: Even A Chance Meeting
My life was normal till you showed up.
—Patchouli to Patuli
Tanner:"So, what exactly are we supposed to do?""
Ran:We yell at each other while you act like an idiot pervert and I make snide comments on the sidelines."
Tanner:But why can't we just get along?"
Ran:"Because there is some metaphysical force up there that's want to make us miserable".Even A Chance Meeting
is a Touhou Fan Fic
Gensokyo was a normal place. Well, as normal as can be when there's Youkai and gods flying about. Even so, everything happened regularly and normally.
Then a few OC's—almost all male—show up.
Hilarity, and rather high amount of romance, ensues. Each guy latches onto a particular Touhou girl of their choice, and endlessly follow them around, much to the girl's dismay. But perhaps this is just what Gensokyo needs....
There are two planned arcs. The first focuses on romance and comedy, the second on fighting and drama, with a much higher focus on Character Development
and angst.Read it here, but it's only one chapter as of yet.
Even A Chance Meeting provides examples of:
- The Alcoholic: Averted by Richter and Damocles. Despite being Oni—an entire race of Alcoholics— they don't even touch the stuff. Richter is horribly screwed up already, and Damocles can trace all of the suffering in his family back to alcohol.
- All Men Are Perverts
- All Women Are Prudes: The Touhou Girls do not appreciate the OC's attempts to get into their panties. At all.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: All of the Touhou/OC couples.
- Grigan's Sword, the Yoshitsuna, is at least 7 feet long, and he can make it longer at will.
- Damocles' 8-foot-long Zwiehander.
- Andro's sword can be lengthened and shorten at will.
- Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them: As much as the two groups cant get along, they at least admit that their lives are much more interesting when they're together.
- Cast Herd: Just as the canon girls quite often are separated into various groups, so are the OC's, usually by the girls they latch on tonote
- Foil: A large amount to the OC's play this to the Touhou's. Tanner's over-the-top craziness compared to Ran's Level-Headed-ness, Elrich's weakness to Remilia's Strenght, Mcreary's Stoicness to Tewi's Prank-loving nature....you get the picture.
- Gender Bender: Eras has the ability to cause this to other people. Usually, it results in Attractive Bent-Gender.
- Ham-to-Ham Combat: Quite a few times in the series, as all that ham is bound to collide. Special note goes to Jiko and Goemon's first meeting, however:
Jiko: GOEMON! COME OUT YOU WORTHLESS VILLIAN SCUM!!!
Goemon: And for WHAT, might I ask, JIKO!?
Jiko: YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHAT, GOEMON! YOU WORTHLESS ACTS HAVE EARNED YOU THE IRE OF MANY, AND IT IS I, JIKO, DEFENDER OF GENSOKYO, THAT SHALL DEFEAT YOU!!
Meiling: Jiko, is this seriously necessary?
Jiko: Stand back, my dear Meiling. TO RID THIS WORLD OF EVIL, I SHALL BECOME THE HAMMER.....OF.... JUUUUUUUSTTTTTIIIIIICCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Ho Yay: Quite a bit of it.
- Large Ham: Jiko and Goemon.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- The Masochism Tango: The arguments between the "couples" are breathtaking to behold.
- Morality Chain:
- Princeton is one of the few vampires who can keep Flandre from killing people.
- Byakuren is pretty much the only thing keeping Goemon from dropping nukes all over Gensokyo.
- My Kung-Fu Is Stronger Than Yours: Characters spend quite a bit of time training for fights. Also stated by Jiko at one point:
Meiling: Jiko, just what exactly leads you to think you beat me?
Jiko: Simple, Meiling; it's because...MY KUNG FU IS STRONGER THAN YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!
Meiling: I would appreciate it if you didn't yell so much...
- Original Character: Of course!
- Rom Com: If you can call it Romantic.
- Schedule Slip
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: The Touhou's start treating the OC's as nice as they can later on—as nice as they can be when they're slandering the hell of the OC's.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension
- Volleying Insults: In the words of Ran, "My favorite date with Tanner is one where we go to a nice quite place, and yell insults at each other until we get kicked out".