Fan Fic: Demon Spawns Series
"Look... I'm sorry, guys. It's just that a lot of stuff has been going on lately, and it's really taking its toll on me."The Demon Spawns Series
Corey Riffin, Of Demons and Angels
is a series of Grojband
fanfics written by Stinkfly3
and M.R.I.sanity3. It tells the story of what's really
going on with the Riffin family.
Corey and Trina seem like any ordinary siblings... Except that they aren't
. They are both the children of Satan
. Upon their father's request, the demon hybrids live on the surface world with their human mother Amethyst. They try their best to blend in with the people of Peaceville, although Corey is more successful at it than Trina.
Tropes featured in the series:
open/close all folders
- Call Forward: Has its own page.
- Emotional Powers: Trina's powers vary depending on her emotions.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Trina doesn't want to ruin Corey and Laney's friendship.
- Generation Xerox: A minor version. Trina is more like her power-hungry and demonic father Satan and Corey takes after his kind and gentle human mother Amethyst.
- Heroes Want Redheads: The thing Corey loves about Laney is her hair, which is the softest thing he ever felt.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Corey after he meets Laney, Kin, and Kon.
- Our Demons Are Different: Corey and Trina can disguise themselves as humans and they each have different Elemental Powers.
- Parental Favoritism: Trina is Satan's favorite child because she's stronger than Corey.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: Both siblings go through this when they shed their disguises. Trina's hair is dark purple with pink streaks, while Corey gets silver streaks in his natural blue hair.
- Power Incontinence: Trina is the most powerful demon in the Underworld (aside from her father). She just has a very hard time controlling her Emotional Powers.
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: Trina's hair gets longer when she's in her demon form.
- Shared Universe: With Neighbors From Hell. In "Seem Normal, Fit In", Trina mentions how the Heckmans actually succeeded in destroying the drill after ten weeks.
- Shock and Awe: Corey's main power.
- Single-Target Sexuality: When demons are attracted to one human, they become fixated on him/her, even throwing mud in the person's face to mark him/her as their own. It's the reason why Corey cares for Laney so much.
- The Cameo: Satan, Amethyst, and Cerberus also appear in M.R.I.sanity3's story "Make Him Understand".
- The Reveal: A lot of details from the show are explained in each story.
Seem Normal, Fit In
- A Day in the Limelight: The short story "Confidence" is a retelling of the story in Laney's perspective.
- Character Development: The longer Corey stays on the surface world, the more comfortable he gets to his new home.
- Disabled Love Interest: Corey is this to Laney.
- Disabled Means Helpless: Corey has yet to grow out of the monster cat stage even though he's five years old. It's the reason why Carrie and her friends make fun of him.
- Kids Are Cruel: Carrie and her friends are the meanest kids in Corey's grade. No wonder they become rivals in the show!
- Peek-a-Bangs: Laney originally has these prior to becoming Corey's friend.
- Shrinking Violet: Laney
- The Paragon: Forrest Gump is this to Corey after he watches the movie. He even dresses up as him for Halloween.
- Throwing Off the Disability: The willpower version. Corey's love for Laney makes him grow out of the monster cat stage.
- Title Drop:
: (after explaining who the Heckmans are)
Since then, all demons who visit the surface world try their best to follow the code of SNORFIN: Seem NORmal Fit IN.
- Wham Line: The first spoken word Corey says is Laney's name after she saves him from Carrie and her friends.
- Continuity Nod: The story begins with Kin accidentally erasing lemonade from history, which was shown as a flashback in the show.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: A unique take on it. Instead of switching bodies, Corey and Trina switch their demon powers.
- Heroic BSOD: Corey gets one when he learns he was originally going to die shortly after he was born all because he was never as ferocious as Trina.
- Holy Burns Evil: Apparently Corey made Trina drink holy water (although it's called "special water" in the story) as an April Fool's joke. She lost all of her powers for the day because of it.
Of Demons and Angels
- Apocalypse Wow
- Big Damn Kiss: Laney and Corey kiss after she reveals she still loves him even though she's a human and he's a demon.
- Call a Human a "Meatbag": Trina apparently got that trait from her father.
- Face-Heel Turn: When he thinks Laney cheated on him with Lenny, Corey rejects his humanity and gives in to his demonic side.
- Locked into Strangeness: Somewhat subverted. After Corey finishes off a group of rogue demons, he decides to keep the silver streaks in his hair even when he's in his human form.
- One-Winged Angel: Trina and Corey do this to protect their friends from rogue demons. Trina is happy to get rid of her disguise. Corey? Not so much.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Trina delivers one to Laney after she broke Corey's heart and made him unleash his full power.