Fan Fic / Christmas With A Corduroy
Christmas with a Corduroy
is a Gravity Falls
fanfic by Super Grover Away
Months after returning home from Gravity Falls, Dipper and Mabel decide to invite Wendy to Piedmont for Christmas. Having never celebrated a genuine Christmas (spending her holidays with her family training for the apocalypse) Wendy is overjoyed both to be celebrating Christmas, and to be spending more time with the Pines twins.
There is one catch however: Dipper and Mabel's mother, who automatically views Wendy as a hooligan and a bad influence.
Can Wendy earn Mrs. Pines acceptance and have the Christmas she was dreaming of? Or will she be overwhelmed by her new surroundings?
Fic is presently completed.
- Action Girl: Wendy, thanks to her Apocalypse training. She subconsciously feels the need to hunt with a bow and arrow, and can leap off the roof.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Dipper to his mother after she accuses Wendy's mother of being negligent.
- Christmas Episode
- Fish out of Water: Wendy finds the suburbs of California to be very different from the backwoods of Oregon. Much more extreme, is Wendy struggling to adapt to a normal Christmas after over a decade of Manly Dan training his kids for the Apocalypse over the holidays.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Lynda Pines holds some negative preconceptions of Wendy, and doesn't make a good first impression when she arrives. For the most part she does try to be polite even when things get strained, but it's always clear that she doesn't exactly approve of her kids' older friend, and eventually she loses her temper and angrily criticizes Wendy to her face. She gets better after a long talk with Wendy, and realizing she went too far.
- Jerkass Has a Point: To be fair, the twins and Wendy were both doing dangerous stunts, one of which actually dislocated Dipper's shoulder.
- Like Parent, Like Child: It only takes one meeting with the twins' mother to give Wendy a good idea of where Dipper inherited a lot of his anxiety and nerves from. Also, the twins' father is very cheerful and friendly, much like Mabel.
- Mama Bear: Lynda Pines.
- Noodle Incident: Both Stan & Ford turned up for Thanksgiving. It's given no further description than being "interesting."
- Parental Abandonment: Wendy's mom left the family.
- Something Completely Different: Slice of Life Christmas story without any supernatural elements, In fact, there is no mention of the supernatural at all.
- White and Grey Morality: A free-spirited, if reckless teenage girl, vs a neurotic but loving mother over what's best for Dipper and Mabel.