Creator: Terry Nation
A British writer and producer (1930-1997), born in Wales.He created two very well-known UK shows.
- Blakes Seven. He wrote all episodes of the first series, but his role was reduced, until he did not write anything for the fourth and final series.
- Survivors. An After the End show, about the aftermath of a massive plague. Nation only worked on the first season, before leaving due to creative differences with the producer, Terence Dudley (who would also work on Doctor Who).
- He also wrote a novel adaptation, which forms the basis for the 2008 reimagining
This author provides examples of:
- Crapsack World/Dystopia: His science-fiction stories all take place in these sorts of worlds/universes/governments.
- Creator Thumbprint:
- Characters named Tarrant.
- Snarking. Lots of snarking.
- Plagues and biological warfare. Most notably in Survivors but also used in many of his Doctor Who stories and at times in Blakes Seven.
- Evolution imagined as a teleological force with predictable goals.
- Man Eating Plants and jungle warfare.
- A very specific type of Padding where a lot of screentime is spent on an attempted escape from captivity that is foiled at the last minute.