Creator: Rick Riordan
Rick Riordan is an American author. He is best known for his series of children's books, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Kane Chronicles, and The Heroes of Olympus, which have granted him the epithet "Myth Master".
Tropes common in his works:
- Alliterative Name
- All Myths Are True: In the case of his books, Greek, Roman, Egyptian and soon Norse mythology co-exist in the same universe. There is also a mention of Moses, though his characters remain officially agnostic on the existence of a "Capital-G God.
- Cliffhanger: Uses one for every book.
- Fan Nickname: Uncle Rick.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Recycled In Space: Though he's pretty clever at it, making the blend of ancient mythology and the modern world complex and entertaining.
- Shown Their Work: Riordan certainly does his research, though he sometimes juggles things around for Artistic License, and the fact that many of the myths have different variations and are often open to interpretations.
- Troll: The fandom is fond of calling him one, due to his penchant for cliffhangers. He takes it well, though.House of Hades dedication page: To my wonderful readers: Sorry about that last cliffhanger. Well, no, not really. HAHAHAHA. But seriously, I love you guys.
- World of Badass
- World of Snark: Contributing to plenty a Crowning Moment of Funny.