Creator: Ming-Na Wen
Ming-Na Wen (Chinese: 温明娜; pinyin: Wēn Míngnŕ); born November 20, 1963) is a Macau-born American actress.
- 1993 The Joy Luck Club as Jing-Mei "June" Woo
- 1994 Street Fighter as Chun-Li
- 1997 One Night Stand as Mimi Carlyle
- 1998 Mulan as Fa Mulan (She also reprised her role as Mulan in Kingdom Hearts II)
- 2001 Final Fantasy The Spirits Within as Dr. Aki Ross
- 2008 Prom Night as Dr. Elisha Crowe
- 2009 Push as Emily Hu
- 1985 Mister Rogers' Neighborhood as Royal trumpeter
- 1988–1991 As the World Turns as Lien Hughes
- 1995, 2000–2004 ER as Dr. Jing-Mei "Deb" Chen
- 1995–1997 The Single Guy as Trudy
- 1998–1999 Spawn as Jade/Lisa Wu
- 2004–2005 The Batman as Detective Ellen Yin
- 2007, 2010 Two and a Half Men as Judge Linda Harris
- 2009–2011 Stargate Universe as Camile Wray
- 2011–2012 Eureka as Senator Michaela Wen
- 2013–present Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Agent Melinda May
- Action Girl/Lady of War: Most of her well-known roles.
- Asian and Nerdy: If her character is not an Action Girl or Lady of War, then she's usually either a Hospital Hottie, a Hot Scientist or sometimes both.
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: Her name means "enlightenment" in Chinese.
- Dirty Old Woman: If this story about her (50) and Chris Hemsworth (30) is to be believed. Aside from that, her twitter is full of dirty observations.
- Taken even further at Dallas Comic Con 2015 when a fan asked her who would be able to lift Thor's hammer. She answered that it would be May, but answered it in a very flirtatious way.
- Happily Married: Is married to her husband since 1995 and has two children.
- Mean Character Nice Actor: Melinda May is stoic and tough, but Ming-Na is a Dirty Old Woman with a goofy sense of humor.
- Older Than They Look: Would you believe she's in her 50s? Because it's damn crazy.
- Old Shame: Street Fighter, according to this video.
- One of Us: Absolutely loves Star Wars and has even dressed up as Leia in both the white and slave outfit for her birthday. Also a fellow Sherlockian and Cumberbabe.
- Only One Name: Often credited as simply "Ming Na."