Ming-Na Wen (Chinese: 温明娜; pinyin: Wēn Míngnà); born November 20, 1963) is a Macau-born American actress. She got her start in 1988 on As the World Turns, then rose to stardom in The Joy Luck Club. She is also the voice of Disney's Mulan and portrayed Chun Li in the live-action Street Fighter movie. Currently, she is co-starring in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Agent Melinda May.
- 1993 The Joy Luck Club as Jing-Mei "June" Woo
- 1994 Street Fighter as Chun-Li
- 1997 One Night Stand as Mimi Carlyle
- 1998 Mulan as Fa Mulan (She also reprised her role as Mulan in Kingdom Hearts II)
- 2001 Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within as Dr. Aki Ross
- 2008 Prom Night as Dr. Elisha Crowe
- 2009 Push as Emily Hu
- 1985 Mister Rogers' Neighborhood as Royal trumpeter
- 19881991 As the World Turns as Lien Hughes
- 1995, 20002004 ER as Dr. Jing-Mei "Deb" Chen
- 19951997 The Single Guy as Trudy
- 19981999 Spawn as Jade/Lisa Wu
- 20042005 The Batman as Detective Ellen Yin
- 2007, 2010 Two and a Half Men as Judge Linda Harris
- 20092011 Stargate Universe as Camile Wray
- 20112012 Eureka as Senator Michaela Wen
- 2013present Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Agent Melinda May
- Action Girl/Lady of War: Most of her well-known roles.
- Action Mom/Mama Bear: Describes herself "Mama Badass" in her Twitter.
- Asian and Nerdy: If her character is not an Action Girl or Lady of War, then she's usually either a Hospital Hottie, a Hot Scientist or sometimes both.
- Awesome McCool Name: Her name means "enlightenment" in Chinese.
- Happily Married: Has been married to her husband since 1995 and they have a daughter and a son.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Melinda May is stoic and tough, but Ming-Na has a pretty goofy sense of humor and constantly jokes around.
- Older Than They Look: Would you believe she's in her 50s? Because it's damn crazy.
- Old Shame: Street Fighter, according to this video.
- One of Us: Absolutely loves Star Wars and has even dressed up as Leia in both the white and slave outfit for her birthday. Also a fellow Sherlockian and Cumberbabe.
- Only One Name: Throughout the late 90's and early 2000's, she was often credited as simply "Ming-Na." She's since gone back to using her full name.