Heather Laurie Holden (born December 17, 1969) is an American-Canadian actress, producer, and human rights activist. She is perhaps best known for her roles as Marita Covarrubias in The X-Files, Adele Stanton on The Majestic, Cybil Bennett in Silent Hill, Amanda Dumfries in The Mist, Olivia Murray in The Shield, and Andrea in The Walking Dead.
She appeared in
- The X-Files
- The Magnificent Seven
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
- A Chorus Line
- The Winter's Tale
- The Majestic
- Fantastic Four
- Silent Hill
- The Mist
- The Shield
- The Walking Dead
- Major Crimes
- Dumb and Dumber To
- Chicago Fire
Tropes associated with her roles
- Action Girl: Practically most of her known roles.
- Chronically Killed Actor: Cybil, Amanda and Andrea (who is still alive in the source material. At least for now). Also noting that Marita suffers a Fate Worse Than Death.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her characters tend to show a lot of skin.
- Production Posse: She usually always works with Frank Darabont.
- Those Two Actors: As part of Darabont's Production Posse above, she worked with JeffreyDeMunn and Melissa McBride on a few movies. Outside of the group, she worked twice with both Jim Carrey (as his Love Interest in The Majestic and as the Big Bad of Dumb and Dumber To) and Michael Chiklis (as his estranged wife in Fantastic Four and her having a recurring role in The Shield where he's the main lead) on different occasions.
- Type Casting: She's almost always a woman fighting the "supernatural", which she lampshaded in Twitter. She's also usually always a Government worker, particularly a Fair Cop (effective or not).
- What Could Have Been: She was supposed to be the main lead of Chicago Med (with her character already making an Early-Bird Cameo in Chicago Fire), but dropped out because of "family reasons".