Creator: Hirotaka Suzuoki
Hirotaka Suzuoki was a considerably great seiyuu from the earlier ages of anime, making himself well known as the voice behind "He who slaps wimps and turns them into MEN OF DESTINY", Bright Noa. Was a good friend of Tōru Furuya (whose character, coincidentally, got slapped into a MAN OF DESTINY). Well known for his calm voice, he garnered quite a fandom......Until he faced something that he could not slap into a THING OF DESTINY: lung cancer. He fought a glorious battle with it, but he died in the end. His last performance was once again as Bright Noa in Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam III: Love is the Pulse of the Stars, which many fans saw as a fitting send-off.
Roles done by Hirotaka Suzuoki:
- Bright Noa in Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam, Gundam ZZ, Char's Counterattack and the Super Robot Wars franchise (Succeeded by Ken Narita in Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn).
- Banjou Haran in Daitarn 3 and the Super Robot Wars franchise
- Dragon Shiryuu in Saint Seiya (classic, succeeded by Takahiro Sakurai and Ken Narita in Omega)
- Tenshinhan in Dragon Ball (succeeded by Hikaru Midorikawa in Dragon Ball Kai)
- Saitou Hajime in Rurouni Kenshin (again, to be succeeded by Ken Narita in the upcoming new anime)
- Chief Freeman in Tekkaman Blade
- Tatewaki Kunou in Ranma ˝
- Shingo Hojo in Go Shogun and Super Robot Wars series
- Sakaki (Giovanni) in Pokémon
- Starscream in The Transformers, Transformers: The Movie and Beast Wars II.
- Noriaki Kakyoin in the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OVA
- Koujirou Hyuuga in Captain Tsubasa (classic, replaced first by Nobuyuki Hiyama and then by both Rica Matsumoto and Takehito Koyasu)
- Olson D. Verne in Super Dimension Century Orguss (classic, replaced by Kenyuu Horiuchi for Super Robot Wars Z)
- Ivan Konev, ace pilot in Legend of Galactic Heroes.
- Yugande in Denji Sentai Megaranger
- Junichi Otaki in Millennium Actress
- Rephans in Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys
- Yellow Belmont in Genesis Climber MOSPEADA