Creator: Gordon Korman
Canadian author of High School comedies, as well as adventure/thriller kid novels. His comedic novels include the Bruno & Boots/ Macdonald Hall series, No More Dead Dogs, and The Toilet Paper Tigers. His adventure novel series include Everest and On the Run. His first novel, This Can't Be Happening at Macdonald Hall, was written and published when he was twelve years old.
Works by Gordon Korman with their own trope pages include:
- Macdonald Hall series
- No More Dead Dogs
- On the Run
- A Semester In The Life Of A Garbage Bag
- I Want to Go Home!
- Son of the Mob
- The Jersey (based on the Monday Night Football Club series)
Other works by Gordon Korman provide examples of:
- Accidental Athlete
- The Alcatraz
- An Aesop + Truth in Television: In Losing Joe's Place, the narrator happens to help a hot girl with her college homework. Specifically, about food costs. Then he does the math after she leaves, and finds that it's actually cheaper and healthier to cook one's food than to eat out all the time.
- Book Dumb
- Crazy Enough to Work
- Cursed with Awesome
- Dork Horse Candidate
- Dramatic Irony: In his Titanic trilogy, we know from the start that the ship will sink.
- Go-to Alias
- High School
- High School A.U.: Jake Reinvented is this for The Great Gatsby.
- New-Age Retro Hippie: The main character in Schooled.
- Odd Couple / Heterosexual Life-Partners: in almost every one of his earlier works.
- Only Sane Man
- Same Story, Different Names
- Summer Campy
- This Is My Side