Typecast as a Cool Old Guy, Eugene Levy (Born Dec. 17, 1946) has become the Cool Dad of America (even though he's Canadian). He is the only person to star in every single one of the American Pie movies (American Pie, American Pie 2, American Wedding, Band Camp, The Naked Mile, Beta House, Book of Love and American Reunion).
Roles of Note:
- SCTV: Where Levy became well known. Like the entire cast, Levy played many characters on the show.
- Along with John Candy, he played one half of the Schmenge Brothers, a pair of Leutonian polka-playing brothers with strange customs and tastes in food.
- Possibly his best-known role on SCTV was one half of the news team as the Kind Hearted Simpleton Earl Camembert, a not-especially-bright reporter with some bizarre habits that had to be kept in line by his co-anchor.
- Club Paradise: Barry Steinberg
- American Pie series: Noah Levinstein, "Jim's Dad"
- Josie and the Pussycats: As Himself, as the man who explains how to be "hip and cool" to the officials from the U.S. government.
- New York Minute: Nassau County Board of Truancy agent
- A Mighty Wind: Mitch Cohen, traumatized folk singer
- Best in Show: Gerry Fleck, who (along with his wife) enters their terrier in a prestigious dog show.
- For Your Consideration:
- Waiting for Guffman: Dr. Alan Pearl, a tragically square dentist determined to discover his inner entertainer.
- Splash as the bad guy.
- Serendipity as a Bloomingdales employee.
- Schitts Creek as Johnny Rose.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Truly majestic. Just look at the page image.
- Cool Old Guy: The ultimate example
- Fake American : He's Canadian, but most of his characters are American.
- Took a Level in Badass: At least once per movie, and he's been in over 40. Became epic-level in the American Pie series