Creator: Dita Von Teese
Dita Von Teese is a burlesque dancer and some-time actress, who played a large part in popularising the burlesque genre and retro fashions in the modern age.She's also a famed sex symbol, and the ex-wife of Marilyn Manson.The poster girl for Raven Hair, Ivory Skin, although she dyes it.
Provides examples of:
- Awesome Anachronistic Apparel: Her style is very much inspired by The Forties era.
- Bound and Gagged : She is a fetish icon as well as a burlesque one, by her own admission,Dita: I'm into bondage. I think it's really fun, and I love playing the part of the Damsel in Distress.
- Darkness von Gothickname: Dita von Teese
- Dye Hard: She's a natural blonde.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Dita has noted that a large amount of her audience is actually female, not male.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With both her current beau and ex-husband Marilyn Manson.
- Kinky Spanking: Back to her status as a fetish icon, Dita is very open about her sensual desires, spanking being one of them. As she puts it, "the feeling is amazing when someone spanks me right".
- Model Couple: She and Louis-Marie de Castelbajac make for a Gothic example of this trope.
- Ms. Fanservice: As close as this trope can come to becoming completely personified.
- Of Corsets Sexy
- Older Than They Look
- Opera Gloves
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: As stated, her hair is dyed black, but her porcelain like skin is natural and according to her, is a result of good skin care and having a top-notch dermatologist.
- Stage Name: Her real name is Heather Sweet. For obvious reasons she needed a more suitable name to go with her burlesque image.
- Punny Name: And an endlessly imitated one.
- She's Got Legs
- Stocking Filler
- You Can Leave Your Hat On
Her television appareances include:
- The CSI episode "A Kiss Before Frying" as a school teacher who becomes Greg's newest love interest, before becoming a murder suspect.
- The upcoming film The Boom Boom Room about a naive newcomer to the world of burlesque modelling.
- She also appeared in one episode of RuPaul's Drag Race as a guest judge.
- She has had some acting gigs in films raging from cameos to relatively long on-screen roles.
- Other than TV appearances, she was featured in electronic duo, Monarchy's song, "Disintegration" and in two of Monarchy's music videos. The first being "Disintegration" and the other being, "Black Widow".