An index of all articles about entertainers, namely people who became famous for putting up shows that are difficult to categorize otherwise. Examples would be daredevils, circus people, acrobats, sword swallowers, escape artists, ventriloquists, jugglers, mimes, sideshow artists, freakshow artists, burlesque dancers, vaudeville acts, strippers, cheerleaders,...
See also Illusionists
- PT Barnum: 19th century circus and sideshow director.
- Buffalo Bill: 19th century and early 20th century creator of huge Wild West spectacle shows that attracted enormous crowds.
- Chang and Eng Bunker: 19th century conjoined twins who were exhibited during sideshows.
- Zsa Zsa Gabor: Woman who became famous by appearing in game shows and acting like a diva.
- Gallagher: Best known for smashing watermelons on stage.
- Uri Geller: Made a career over using paranormal powers to bend spoons. This talent has been contested over the years by James Randi, notable debunker of such tricks.
- Harry Houdini: Illusionist who became world famous for being able to escape from every straitjacket.
- Evel Knievel: World famous daredevil, who jumped his motorcycle over dangerous distances.
- Marcel Marceau: Famous French mime artist.
- John Massis: Belgian acrobat whose major claim to fame was that he pulled trains and other heavy stuff by his teeth.
- Joseph Merrick: Man who suffered from a rare medical disease and who was exhibited during sideshows. His life was made into the biopic The Elephant Man .
- Annie Oakley: 19th century sharp shooter.
- Bettie Page: Pin-up model and bondage artist.
- Joseph Pujol: 19th century artist, better known as "Le Pétomane", who entertained his audience through flatulence. He farted on stage and was able to play the French national anthem by making these noises.
- Mark Roberts: American who enjoys "streaking" (running in the nude) during sports events and has done this so much that he practically became notorious for it.
- Siegfried and Roy: Magicians who also perform with white tigers.
- Rollen Stewart: Man who appeared in a rainbow wig and holding up a Bible quote sign during sports events.
- Dita Von Teese: Burlesque dancer, famous too as Marilyn Manson's ex-wife.