"Cillian Murphy, who has angelic looks that can turn sinister, is one of the most elegantly seductive monsters in recent movies."Cillian Murphy is an Irish actor known mostly for three things. First, his chameleon-like ability to adapt to a wide variety of roles and seem to inhabit them. Second, his amazingly blue eyes, and third, being extremely pretty. He was born on May 25, 1976 and started his career in entertainment as a rock musician. Cillian is a rather private fellow, and he doesn't normally discuss his personal life in interviews.
— David Denby, The New Yorker review of Red Eye
A sampling of the works he has been in:
- Disco Pigs
- 28 Days Later
- Girl with a Pearl Earring (He was cast as a butcher, which is quite ironic, because he's a vegetarian)
- The Way We Live Now
- Batman Begins (With cameo appearances in The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises)
- Red Eye
- Breakfast on Pluto
- The Wind That Shakes the Barley
- Perrier's Bounty
- Watching the Detectives
- TRON: Legacy (uncredited cameo)
- In Time
- Red Lights
- Peaky Blinders
He provides examples of:
- Icy Blue Eyes: Just look at the page picture!
- Self-Deprecation: When asked how he would've portrayed Batman, he laughed and said, "Come on, do I really look like Batman material to you?"
- According to one fan that met him, she complimented him and called him attractive, earning her a look of surprise from him.