Film: Disco Pigs
Pig and Runt - born on the same day, in the same hospital, moments apart. Twins, all but by blood. Inseparable from birth, they are almost telepathic. They are also partners in crime, with an appetite for recklessness, exploration and destruction. But days before their 17th birthday the perfect balance of their world begins to shift. Pig's sexual awakening and increasing jealousy begins to threaten the private universe they have spent their lives constructing. Unable to contemplate the loss of Runt, Pig's unpredictable nature spirals out of control in a trail of violence. The invisible thread between them is stretched to breaking point, the inseparable are about to separate, and which one will survive depends on which one can break free.
- Berserk Button - Subverted. Pig and Runt are trouble-makers from the start, but Pig gets worse and more violent after he start becoming insanely jealous of Runt. It gets to the point of Pig killing a guy because he was dancing with her.
- Break Her Heart To Save Her - Pig tells Runt to kill him so that Runt can live her life because Pig's violence and obsession has gotten out of control.
- Character Development - Pig seems sweet at first, but becomes the antagonist to Runt because of his overwhelming obsession with her, but he does it out of love.
- Cruel to Be Kind - When Runt smothers Pig, she is supposedly bringing peace to both of them.
- Establishing Character Moment - When Pig notices how beautiful he thinks Runt is.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep - There's a moment when a minor character calls Runt and Pig by their real names (Darren and Sinead), but everyone calls them by their nicknames.
- Fanservice - Cillian Murphy appears shirtless a few times. However, he is delivering a weird sexual monologue in one shirtless scene, and he is "murdered" by Runt in another.
- Impaled Palm - Back of the hand, actually, through the palm and with a fork.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy - It was Pig's idea for Runt to smother him because he knows it would be better for her.
- Mindlink Mates - Pig and Runt are close to telepathic.
- The Narrator - Runt is really the narrator, but Pig also tells a story to an old man on the bus, which makes him sound like he is narrating part of the story.
- Roaring Rampage of Rescue - Pig does this in a seemingly dazed manner.
- Significant Birth Date - The whole plot of the movie is based around two people who were born on the same day, in the same hotel, and grew up next door together, so their birthday is significant.
- Also the story takes place before and on their 17th birthday.
- Stalker with a Crush - Pig. Not really a "stalker," per se, since Pig and Runt are best friends, but it is close.
- Strange Syntax Speaker - Pig and Runt have their own dialect.
- They Really Do Love Each Other - When Runt finally shows Pig affection.